I know why Madine isn't setting off any fire works

Saw him in Asda on Catchbar Lane a few months ago and was surprised how "slight" he was. Bulking up is not necessarily an easy thing to do - I went to a gym three and four times a week for almost two years and managed to put on about a stone (5' 10" and just over 11 stone, now back down to ten and a half).

The bulking phase is actually the easy bit, eating between 4,000 and 7,000 calories a day is a piece of pis*. In his defence though he'll be doing a hell of a lot of cardio work so will find it difficult to put weight on.

I found it very easy, I'm only 17 and weighed 9 stone when i started lifting so looked like a rake. After just over a year I've gone up to a few pounds under 13 stone. You can tell he's been working on his upper body though, his chest has got bigger this year.

Saw him in Asda on Catchbar Lane a few months ago and was surprised how "slight" he was.  Bulking up is not necessarily an easy thing to do - I went to a gym three and four times a week for almost two years and managed to put on about a stone (5' 10" and just over 11 stone, now back down to ten and a half).

His game is not about pace, but more holding the ball up, knocking it off/on and attacking crosses into the box.  For all of these atributes, a stone or two additional bulk would certainly help.

BTW - I rate him as a footballer and hope he can progress into the player his potential certainly suggests.

I know what you mean, Im a similar height and build (about 5' 9 and 11 stone) and whilst im naturally athletic its pretty hard for me to put much more muscle on when I go to the gym. I noticed a difference initially and now I don't seem to go any further.

The bulking phase is actually the easy bit, eating between 4,000 and 7,000 calories a day is a piece of pis*. In his defence though he'll be doing a hell of a lot of cardio work so will find it difficult to put weight on.

I found it very easy, I'm only 17 and weighed 9 stone when i started lifting so looked like a rake. After just over a year I've gone up to a few pounds under 13 stone. You can tell he's been working on his upper body though, his chest has got bigger this year.

How many calories!?

Would he not just get fat if he wasn't doing cardio?

Now I can see why im not getting much heavier, I do running and don't eat as much as that. Huge arms, chest and a massive gut wouldn't suit me lol

its no good just goin to the gym,yuve actually got to lift the weights

Cheers for that. I wondered what they were.