I know why Madine isn't setting off any fire works

Guest JakeCoulthard

Don't know how often those figures on SWFC site but he's definitely been in the gym and looks a lot bigger and stronger now than he did at the start of the season.

I think with Madine it's more an attitude thing. I sometimes look at the bench or see him 'warming up' and notice he doesn't seem to be watching the game thinking 'What can I bring to the game if I get a chance?' he often seems to be having a laugh with McCabe or one of the other lads.

Semedo hasn't failed at all, he took us up last season! I wouldn't be surprised if he still puts in plenty of work,

My point is that Semedo isn't fat, he's as strong as a footballer really should be, if Semedo was 6 foot 3 he would probably be about 14.5 stone

...the 18 goals from Madine might have helped   :biggrin:

I think he has started to look stronger in the recent games he's played, but its common knowledge he could do with bulking up. More his upper body though.

Agree with that.

The first of the season he seemed to struggle. But I've been impressed by his last few performances, he's been stronger, held the ball up well and he's got plenty of skill as well. He isn't the finished article and he certainly has age on his side.

Saw him in Asda on Catchbar Lane a few months ago and was surprised how "slight" he was.  Bulking up is not necessarily an easy thing to do - I went to a gym three and four times a week for almost two years and managed to put on about a stone (5' 10" and just over 11 stone, now back down to ten and a half).

His game is not about pace, but more holding the ball up, knocking it off/on and attacking crosses into the box.  For all of these atributes, a stone or two additional bulk would certainly help.

BTW - I rate him as a footballer and hope he can progress into the player his potential certainly suggests.

Mind you though. I've just looked 6'5 & weighs 13st 12lb. If his weight matched his height he'd be to imobile to move.

Not always true that you are slower if you are bigger - we have lads in our unit who are 18 stone who can bench 150 kg yet easily smash out a half marathon in 1hr 15 mins. Then again, they are airborne legends!

lol

no pun intended.

anyway;

He is 6 foot 3, yet only weighs 11 stone 11, that is rediculous! no wonder he can't keep on his feet.

To put this in perspective, Jose Semedo 12 stone 8, yet is 5 foot 11 (probably more like 5 10 but i am going off the club website)

That lad needs to get in the gym! ASAP, and eating twice as much nandos!

He is actually about the same physique as Kirkland who is a rake!!!

The thing is with Madine is that he isn't actually very quick for his light frame or anything, he's very slow, so he's slow, weak and not much to him at all.

He isn't going to develop pace in my opinion and when i looked at that it made me think of how easy he gets knocked off the ball and how much time he spends on the floor.

Too skinny, far far far too skinny!! Needs to bulk up over the summer to about 13 stone of muscle and cut the fat with about a month to go, that or sit on the bench coming on for the occasional bambi impression.

bit of gym discipline might stop him being such a tail end half the time as well off the pitch. might give him a bit of swagger too and stop him doing that weird mincing run.

Cool story bro'