Wim Jonk

Guest Dannyowl2929

Guest Dannyowl2929

who else thinks Wim Jonk was actually a pretty decent player? I thought he could put together a few decent passes its a shame no one really liked him

Guest Dannyowl2929

he wasn't that crap to be honest it was the players around him who failed to perform to the standard they should of such as Giles De Bilde and Booth

Guest Dannyowl2929

To be honest every player that season were terrible but people like Hinchcliffe Jonk and pressman cared for the club and tried their best but all the other players just wanted the money

I think people are hard on Wim. He was getting up there but you could tell he was a cut above almost everyone else on the team. We signed him after he was a pivotal player for Holland in the World Cup that summer (couldn't have been THAT bad eh?)

I remember watching the 5-1 win over Wimbledon, he and De Bilde were in on all 5 goals (I think Rudi scored one as well). You could tell how frustrated they were (not celebrating the first 2 goals other than a high-5 to eachother) and by the end of the game went on a tear.

Put it this way... Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard would struggle to produce if they were paired with Danny Sonner in the midfield.....