Howard, Cog Or Madine?

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Where does my thread mention Lita, Lavery, Fletcher or Maguire?

FAIL.

Put the forwards on our books in order. That's without including Antonio, JJ and Reda lol

Out of the three mentioned in the OP, I'd put them in this order: Lita > COG > Madine.

Still got faith in Madine, Maguire and in some of the youth forwards, as long as DJ doesn't ruin their confidence and get rid of them first. 

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

as if Lavery and Fletcher would be ahead of Howard and Maguire anyway...

What chance do Lavery and Fletcher have under DJ? Look what he's done to the likes of Madine, Maguire, Beevers and others. 

Guest Fedor

Not going to comment on Howard yet, but COG has been best striker for us by a country mile. Best all round game. Makes things happen for himself.  Madine has been poor all season hopefully he has decided to pull his finger out at last. COG excelling at Barnsley with Perkins pulling the strings.

Madine.

He is better than O'Grady. Seriously.

O'Grady has had a better season, but Madine did last year.

I think Madine will blossom, but he needs regular game time (i.e. a number of consecutive starts) and a decent service (we've had very little all year for our forwards).

I think Madine is quite key to the feel good factor around the place, if he scores goals to keep us up everyone will love him again like last year, I got extremely excited on Monday about seeing him getting vack to his best, but when he didnt start I was gutted for the kid.

At 22 years old, hes got potential to be a legend I just wish he was given the oppurtunity MR.Jones

One thing I will say though is O'Grady makes the absolute most of his ability. Madine doesn't always.

If that changes Madine will be far superior in terms of technical ability and finishing and will prove that he is the better striker.

Guest tha_knows

Madine.

He is better than O'Grady. Seriously.

O'Grady has had a better season, but Madine did last year.

I think Madine will blossom, but he needs regular game time (i.e. a number of consecutive starts) and a decent service (we've had very little all year for our forwards).

This where I think if we'de managed to keep Ben Marshall we would have seen Madine benefit from his crosses and set pieces, or even Keith Treacey who I was gutted we didn't decide to go back in for over the summer, Madine would thrive off his service.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I think Madine is quite key to the feel good factor around the place, if he scores goals to keep us up everyone will love him again like last year, I got extremely excited on Monday about seeing him getting vack to his best, but when he didnt start I was gutted for the kid.

At 22 years old, hes got potential to be a legend I just wish he was given the oppurtunity MR.Jones

Madine will be out on his arse in the summer or sometime next season under DJ.

He ruins young players, ignores them or forces them out. He'd much prefer a Howard, Bothroyd, Sidibe type forward line. lol

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Put the forwards on our books in order. That's without including Antonio, JJ and Reda lol

Out of the three mentioned in the OP, I'd put them in this order: Lita > COG > Madine.

Still got faith in Madine, Maguire and in some of the youth forwards, as long as DJ doesn't ruin their confidence and get rid of them first. 

No, no, no.

Lita is not in the OP.

Madine, COG, Howard.

Simples

gary megson

Guest wilyfox

Madine will be out on his arse in the summer or sometime next season under DJ.

He ruins young players, ignores them or forces them out. He'd much prefer a Howard, Bothroyd, Sidibe type forward line. lol

Really? he was the one that made Bothroyd half-decent in the first place at Cardiff; and what about Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley & Peter Whittingham..?

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

No, no, no.

Lita is not in the OP.

Madine, COG, Howard.

Simples

gary megson

D'oh! lol

COG > Madine > Howard the Duck.

COG for is better all round game, strength, holding the ball up and his goals.

Madine could still come good and he's a decent young striker, when supplied, when he's got confidence and given a chance.

We don't create enough chances. Fully expect Madine to be gone soon. DJ as ruined him just like many others.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Really? he was the one that made Bothroyd half-decent in the first place at Cardiff; and what about Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley & Peter Whittingham..?

Ask Cardiff fans how good he was with youngsters? Or ask Ross McCormack and many others. And wasn't Ramsey left out of the Cup Final starting XI after impressing for them? 

Guest wilyfox

What chance do Lavery and Fletcher have under DJ? Look what he's done to the likes of Madine, Maguire, Beevers and others. 

Beevers turned stale along time ago, and the futures of Madine and Maguire are hardly doomed. DJ has used Madine 34 times this season - but he must produce like he did against Barnsley.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Beevers turned stale along time ago, and the futures of Madine and Maguire are hardly doomed. DJ has used Madine 34 times this season - but he must produce like he did against Barnsley.

How many of them have been as a sub? Madine and Maguire will follow COG. We'll only have Lita if we make him permanent, and then we'll have to get another few strikers.

That's without addressing the creativity issue. A better midfield is needed to create more chances for the strikers.

Guest wilyfox

How many of them have been as a sub? Madine and Maguire will follow COG. We'll only have Lita if we make him permanent, and then we'll have to get another few strikers.

That's without addressing the creativity issue. A better midfield is needed to create more chances for the strikers.

i agree with the last part; creative issues need to be resolved. But, i think there are chances for Madine and Maguire to make their mark - but they must earn them and make the most of them when they come along. sometimes Madine looks up for it when he comes on, other times he looks disinterested - but i do rate him.

Guest wilyfox

Lita won't be made permanent.

i agree. probably still sees himself as a prem player, and i doubt we could afford him anyway. think Swansea paid £1.75m for him, didn't they?