Madine Post-Match Interview

Guest JakeCoulthard

Guest JakeCoulthard

Good interview. Be great if he could get himself on a run.

Would love to see it, just at the right time as well. Would be good for him and the team to end a not-so-good season on a high.

Madine gets a lot of stick for his general personality but he always speaks pretty well for me. Even last season when he was openly taking digs at United, its not like he was saying anything that proved to be wrong was he.

Hopefully he can settle into this league as I still think he's got a lot to give us.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He is right about one thing. People would have slagged him big time if it had ended 2-2!

he sounds well pissed off with DJ if you ask me....best response is what he did on the pitch today!!

I have slagged Madine off on here so credit where credit is due he was fantastic today. I hope he can find that performance on a consistent basis and if he does he will have proved me wrong. I think the difference today was his attitude towards the game and playing as part of a team, he seemed to have got his hunger back, hope it continues. No apologies for slating him when his performance and attitude were sub standard which is why I believe DJ has not played him more.

Madine gets a lot of stick for his general personality but he always speaks pretty well for me. Even last season when he was openly taking digs at United, its not like he was saying anything that proved to be wrong was he.

Hopefully he can settle into this league as I still think he's got a lot to give us.

Me too

Actually he's one interview I always listen to, because he usually just says it how it is. Most interviews are just empty

Perfect example was his interview after the last Barnsley game at oakwell

What is just as telling as Madines interview is the post match interview given by Dave Jones, when he speaks at length about Madine (BBC/Sport/Football/Championship).

To sum it up Jones thinks Madine is a good finisher but not so good positionally/decision making/and using his strength. Madine is still young and learning his trade, but Jones still has faith in him or he would not be at Hillsborough.Jones is keen to carry on developing Madine.

My opinion is that football is half about confidence and you can't build that sitting on the bench week after week. Jones recognises that Madine is improving so show somw faith in him and start him again against Bristol.