Wickham

Thought he was absolutely superb when he came on, changed the game.

I was slightly critical of his signing yesterday but on that performance I can see why Sunderland dished out that sort of money for him. Incredibly strong for a 19 year old, the ball just stuck to him, don't think he actually gave it away once despite having two players around him every time. Quick feet aswell and very intelligent with the ball.

Madine could learn alot from him, everything Madine should aspire to be, they are similar builds and have a similar style of play, but Madine is nowhere near Wickham in terms of ability. But what impressed me most was his desire and effort to get the ball, he didn't stop running. One moment stood out when he cleared the ball in the penalty box and he was the one chasing down his own clearance!

Very impressive display and hope he can keep it up. Take note Madine.

Guest Sheff Owl

Based on his performance today and obviously only today he could have a much better impact than Barkley did for us.

I am a big fan of Barkley too.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Good first touch, strong and has an awareness of what's going on around him. I know they have signed Graham but Sunderland have struggled for goals other than from Fletcher all season, surprised he can't get more of a look in for them.

Guest normski

Head and shoulders above anyone to pull that famous blue and white shirt on for a while.

For his 1st game debut looked class.

Well done lad

Guest Teetowl

Agree.

Watching Wickham today really showed that some of us value Madine too highly. He'll never be a Premier League player IMO.

Compleatly agree with that unfortunately.

Guest Sheff Owl

Well impressed.

He seemed to come out with the ball whatever the circumstance. 

Great signing.

Lee is not the man who should make way though imo.

But it will be Lee to make way, which is a shame...he doesn't deserve to be dropped.