Bluebell charity kiosk

So the Lindly group Catering Company who rip off Wednesday fans are opening a Charity Kiosk in the Grandstand.   They are donating the 'volunteers' wages to Bluebell.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/owls-open-charity-kiosk-605205.aspx

Whilst I like the idea of donations to Bluebell.....it seems, and maybe I have mis-understood the details on the Wednesday web site?  The Kiosk, which is a normal snack bar, will, hopefully attract more customers for its already over priced and over rated goods.   The profits will go entirely to the caterers, they don't have to pay the volunteers as their pay goes to Bluebell so it is the volunteers that are making the money for Bluebell, not the caterers who still retain all the (increased?) takings.

why don't the caterers also donate the profit from these sales......THAT would be a more appropriate charity event?

Each on its own merit Neil

My belief is that the caterers make out they are doing something for the club but in fact are gaining more and giving nothing themselves.

Charity should be charity, not taking advantage and taking credit for it

Does he flip

It's whinging for the sake of it

The logic's not even right

If they'd said they were opening a kiosk and were gonna donate £300 every single match to Bluebell Wood everyone would think 'good'

25 games at £300 a game = £7500 to bluebell wood every single season (x10 years = £75,000 to bluebell wood that they have raised that they don't have to raise - but have chosen to)

But because they've announced the the way round that they have some fans want to snipe at it ?

Seriously cheesed off today - there's been some sniping for snipings sake at anything and everything the clubs announced

Makes me sick

Instead of whinging - go out and raise the same amount of money for Bluebell Wood eh ?

flipping joke....

Up to HERE with it

*points to forehead*

Owlstalk Shop

Incredible

Don't see what your problem is Neil.

I stated in my original post that I am all for donations to charity........and if you know my record you will know I am more generous than most in that area!!!!

I do not like the caterers making money from a so called charity event they are part of.....They are giving NOTHING and making money out of it.   THAT IS MY POINT.

It would be better if they showed some charity themselves and donate the PROFITS from the kiosk

Why do you have a problem with that????????

Don't see what your problem is Neil.

I stated in my original post that I am all for donations to charity........and if you know my record you will know I am more generous than most in that area!!!!

I do not like the caterers making money from a so called charity event they are part of.....They are giving NOTHING and making money out of it.   THAT IS MY POINT.

It would be better if they showed some charity themselves and donate the PROFITS from the kiosk

Why do you have a problem with that????????

Your logic is messed up mate - seriously

They could easily just say 'ok then - errrr.... we'll pay the staff and donate £300 a game out of the profits - would that suit you ?

lol

They might not even MAKE £300 from the kiosk - have you thought about that ?

Owlstalk Shop

Your logic is messed up mate - seriously

They could easily just say 'ok then - errrr.... we'll pay the staff and donate £300 a game out of the profits - would that suit you ?

lol

They might not even MAKE £300 from the kiosk - have you thought about that ?

Where's the 300 pounds come from then?   Are you saying that is the amount they normally pay their staff?

If so, then they are still paying NOTHING to the charity because the staff are unpaid volunteers so no loss there then.

They could still pay the staff wages AND the profit......THEIR donation would still only be the PROFIT

Logic......What is the logic behind your statement then Neil?

Edited by gandiaowl

Matchday programme wins award today - gets slagged on Owlstalk The posts had no argument to them, shouldnt have even taken notice.

Wednesday supporter posts a video blog supporting his club - gets slagged on Owlstalk Suggestions for a SMILE ticket were made (never mind that bit though eh)

Bluebell Wood fundraiser gets announced - slagged on Owlstalk Bit cheeky aint it though asking people to work for a business still making the same profit, then asking them to donate their wages..

But never mind. Lets just sweep all that under the carpet. Dont worry about it.

It is charity from the volunteers, not Lindley...either a bit cheeky/very good PR work from the Lindley Group depending on how you want to look at it.

By Jove.....you have it.

Lindley Group are gaining from all this whilst donating NOTHING

You're bitching about a charity kiosk

Is that really the most important thing in your life tonight? 

Fooooook me

Come on... seriously... let's not rip EVERYTHING to bits eh ?

Trying not to, honestly. Its just a bit of a moral thing for me.

Didnt mean to offend..