Dave Jones in the transfer window

Maybe Milan hasn't sacked him because he knows he didn't back him enough and himself and Aldridge had too much input on signings . I think he will give him a fair bit of cash and let him get on with it - hopefully with positive results. Surely it's worth it to stay up

and more money wasted on pi55 poor signings like J Boothroyd.NO WAY!!! :ghoulguy:

Maybe Milan hasn't sacked him because he knows he didn't back him enough and himself and Aldridge had too much input on signings . I think he will give him a fair bit of cash and let him get on with it - hopefully with positive results. Surely it's worth it to stay up

why do posters still believe that MM will spend money in January?? It isn't in his business model. He doesn't do it - he cannot work with the concept. In addition he will be counting the losses over the last two months in reduced gate receipts. His SWFC investment has very sadly turned into a ball of chalk.

For me it's simple, either sufficient investment of the type we all hoped for in the summer, or we play the youngsters week in week out and try to build for the future, whether we're relegated or not

if we were still in League 1, this would be the way to go wouldn't it. Build it up over a number of years. The jump from L1 to Championship has been totally misread by some responsible people - one of those reported by others to be "the most experienced manager in that particular league".

boyd, batth and another striker. If he doesnt sign either of Batth or Boyd, then he deserves to be shot down.

The problem is that we are now in the position that clubs will say "Why should I go there? They're are in the poo right proper now". This then means that they will demand more money to make it attractive for them. Catch 22 for MM.

Trouble is he's got to get rid of a few too in Jan, or the squad will just be waaay too large...who have we got who's worth owt or who anyone else will want !!???

Pretty obvious to me - he will move out all of the remaining Megson's players and then he has the backing of the Chairman and the perfect excuse for everybody else.

Trouble is he's got to get rid of a few too in Jan, or the squad will just be waaay too large...who have we got who's worth owt or who anyone else will want !!???

This. Seriously, the people who think/hope MM will give him a wedge of money in January to sign YET MORE PLAYERS are as deluded as Jones. Give Jones a couple of million in January and we could end up with a 1st team squad exceeding 40 players, the majority of who are shuffle! He's saddled the club with enough shuffle players who no-one will be interested in taking off our hands without giving him another flipping chance to do it all again. I do despair sometimes...

Edited by Almat

It's Megson who's saddled the club with the shuffle players surely?

Well I bow to your (self proclaimed) superior knowledge when it comes to all things football, Mr Guru. No idea why DJ doesn't just bite the bullet and get you on as chief scout. You'd make a great team. T'would be never a dull moment seeing who could be the most arrogant.

Edited by Almat

Maybe, just maybe, Aldridge might be the man under pressure as the man who failed to net some of the main DJ targets.

Or will Milan take the responsibility himself and admit he hasnt backed his manager?

That fact will remain though that weve underperformed even with the players weve got, those identified and recruited have been nothing short of disastrous and DJs made baffling decisions across the board in selection, tactics and communication.