I know it's been said a thousand times but....

Dave Jones is completely tearing apart a promotion winning squad. I'm under no illusions that our squad last year had to be improved to compete in this league but what we should have done ala Norwich and Southampton is add to the top performers already at the club, on last years evidence I would say this should have been Buxton, Llera, Reda, Semedo, Lines, Madine. This has not happened!

Llera has been dropped at times as has Semedo. Madine isn't getting a look in and now looks to be heading out on loan. Will Lines get a game when he comes back?

I just feel DJ has gone about this all wrong especially with Madine. He was our main goalscoring outlet last year. Southampton had Lambert and Norwich had Holt who scored goals for them from League One and continued to do so in the Championship and now the Premiership. Can DJ honestly say he's given Madine a fair bite of the cherry this season? No. He seems to reliant on Bothroyd (in the wrong position by the way) and O'Grady who let's be honest, despite improvement, is not the answer for us.

Madine is the only goalscorer at the club in my opinion and it's ridiculous that we're not playing him, and now sending the lad out on loan.

Speaking of which, the same goes for Mark Beevers. He's getting rave reviews at Millwall, why has DJ sent him out when we only have 3 recognized center backs? - Gardner, Llera and Tayl.......ok ............2 recognized center backs!

I'm severely disappointed about how this season is panning out and can not understand the logic behind DJ's choices. For the record I do believe he is the man to carry us forward but he is making it so much more difficult for himself having destroyed the feel good atmosphere around Hillsborough earlier this year.

Dave Jones is completely tearing apart a promotion winning squad. I'm under no illusions that our squad last year had to be improved to compete in this league but what we should have done ala Norwich and Southampton is add to the top performers already at the club, on last years evidence I would say this should have been Buxton, Llera, Reda, Semedo, Lines, Madine. This has not happened!

Ok, not read your full post granted so you may cover this.

Buxton, first choice RB this season, had a spell injured.

Llerra has come in as first choice before Beevers who started the season.

Reda started the season at LB

Semedo first choice DCM

Lines injured

Madine given a chance but in the early games COG was banging them in and now we have Bothroyd

Sorry but failing to see your point.

Llera has been dropped at times as has Semedo. Madine isn't getting a look in and now looks to be heading out on loan. Will Lines get a game when he comes back?

I just feel DJ has gone about this all wrong especially with Madine. He was our main goalscoring outlet last year. Southampton had Lambert and Norwich had Holt who scored goals for them from League One and continued to do so in the Championship and now the Premiership. Can DJ honestly say he's given Madine a fair bite of the cherry this season? No. He seems to reliant on Bothroyd (in the wrong position by the way) and O'Grady who let's be honest, despite improvement, is not the answer for us.

Madine is the only goalscorer at the club in my opinion and it's ridiculous that we're not playing him, and now sending the lad out on loan.

Speaking of which, the same goes for Mark Beevers. He's getting rave reviews at Millwall, why has DJ sent him out when we only have 3 recognized center backs? - Gardner, Llera and Tayl.......ok ............2 recognized center backs!

I'm severely disappointed about how this season is panning out and can not understand the logic behind DJ's choices. For the record I do believe he is the man to carry us forward but he is making it so much more difficult for himself having destroyed the feel good atmosphere around Hillsborough earlier this year.

Buxton, Reda, Lines have played when fit. Semedo is playing. Llera has inconsistent form and has been dropped accordingly. Madine is a different matter. Who knows what GM has been like in training.

DJ has tried to strengthen. Retaining the service on perm af Antonio. Corry, McCabe great additions

Other in coming have shown some promise but yet to convince. Not really a case of going about it the wrong way. He has tried to do what you are suggesting he should have done.

Beevers, I can't answer, but I have faith in DJ and don't believe Taylor is as bad as people are making out. He has a bad start and people have been very quick to get on his back.

Ok, not read your full post granted so you may cover this.

Buxton, first choice RB this season, had a spell injured.

Llerra has come in as first choice before Beevers who started the season.

Reda started the season at LB

Semedo first choice DCM

Lines injured

Madine given a chance but in the early games COG was banging them in and now we have Bothroyd

Sorry but failing to see your point.

I don't believe he had any intention of playing Llera. He was openly criticised by DJ and I believe Taylor and Gardner was the planned first choice CB pairing. Due to criticism from the fans and peer pressure Jones was forced to drop Taylor.

Semedo, our lynch-pin. The man who holds it all together, the man who never loses heart and is worshipped by so many of us has been dropped on at least one occasion, I still don't understand this decision.

I disagree that Madine was given significant time to make a difference. He was taken off after 30 odd minutes against Oldham and then didn't start those early league games.

Can I also point out although it may not have beenworded that clearly that I have mentioned Buxton & Reda as part of what I considered to be the hub or spine of the team last year. I haven't gone on to mention them being dropped in my OP. I was just making reference to their importance

Edited by martyn8484

I don't believe he had any intention of playing Llera. He was openly criticised by DJ and I believe Taylor and Gardner was the planned first choice CB pairing. Due to criticism from the fans and peer pressure Jones was forced to drop Taylor.

Semedo, our lynch-pin. The man who holds it all together, the man who never loses heart and is worshipped by so many of us has been dropped on at least one occasion, I still don't understand this decision.

I disagree that Madine was given significant time to make a difference. He was taken off after 30 odd minutes against Oldham and then didn't start those early league games.

Do you really believe that bit you put about Taylor? You think Jones ONLY dropped him cause of the fans? Sorry, can't agree, I think DJ could see he was poo too!!! As for your Semedo comments, he has had some poor games at the start of the season, when the captaincy was taken away from him (or he asked for it to be) he has improved again.

I said I agree with you about Madine, no I don't think he has been given a chance and I would love to see him become a goal scorer in the Championship and the Premier League. Sadly I personally think he would struggle at this level.

Edited by jezb69swfc

Do you really believe that bit you put about Taylor? You think Jones ONLY dropped him cause of the fans? Sorry, can't agree, I think DJ could see he was poo too!!! As for your Semedo comments, he has had some poor games at the start of the season, when the captaincy was taken away from him (or he asked for it to be) he has improved again.

I said I agree with you about Madine, no I don't think he has been given a chance and I would love to see him become a goal scorer in the Championship and the Premier League. Sadly I personally think he would struggle at this level.

I don't think that directly is the reason no but when fans are ridiculing a player it's bound to have a knock on effect on the player's confidence and mindset. Could he handle starting the next game? From what I hear of his reaction at the end of the Burnley game I'd said he was not in the correct frame of mind to start the next game.

Pure speculation I know but this is my thought

Guest intercity0wl

Your right it has zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest zico sterland

Madine has been very unlucky,and Bothroyd very lucky to get a shirt on performances in the blue and white.Madine excelent last season and injured this season early doors.Bothroyd one good game in 8 and 5 absolute mares.

I'm quite annoyed about Madine not been given a consistent run this season.

But then again he can't play up top on his own very well.

So I'm more annoyed at DJ for not bringing in the correct players to play a 4-4-2 (HIS preferred system) an getting the best out of Madine AND Bothroyd.

Shame.

Is it only me that can accept consolidation this season. DJ is building a team that will be absolutely electric in a years time. Look at our midfield alone for example:

Antonio - 21 years old

McCabe - 19 years old

Corry - 21 years old

They have all shown potential to be very good players. After this season they will have played together and know each others game. They have already shown that they can play lovely football and with a years experience will be even better. Give DJ time to do what he does best....BUILD. His first season at Cardiff wasnt spectacular but got them to play off finals/fa cup finals etc. People need to reign in expectations and pull together. Have some perspective people.....

You seriously believe DJ picks his team based on fans opinions!? :laugh:

Regarding the others...

Buxton / Lines / Reda - all injured / have been injured

Llera - was dropping some clangers earlier in the season, but now he's improved he's continued to play him

Semedo - When playing 4-4-2, Semedo was struggling big time whoever he was paired with. When swapping to 4-5-1 it's definitely improved Semedos performances due to it allowing him to just screen the defence (what he does best), hence why he's now stayed in the squad.

Madine - Some would say he hasn't really been given a chance, which I do sort of agree, however, whenever he has come on in games he has been, frankly, rubbish. Consistently just falling over, and what looked like no effort. Against Peterborough it was the first of him that I thought he actually starting making a tiny bit of a difference. Maybe he is lacking in game time, but can we afford to play him and hoping he will come good, when we are battling relegation?

Beevers - TBH I do agree with him and was surprised he was loaned out. I thought he'd done alright for us

Taylor - I wouldn't write him off yet. If you are making judgement of players based on fans opinions, then Watford fans were absolutely gutted that they lost Taylor, claiming he was a ball playing CB who won everything. Hopefully there is time for him to come good. although, there is stil chance he won't make it here like so many others i.e. Michael Morrison

Is it only me that can accept consolidation this season. DJ is building a team that will be absolutely electric in a years time. Look at our midfield alone for example:

Antonio - 21 years old

McCabe - 19 years old

Corry - 21 years old

They have all shown potential to be very good players. After this season they will have played together and know each others game. They have already shown that they can play lovely football and with a years experience will be even better. Give DJ time to do what he does best....BUILD. His first season at Cardiff wasnt spectacular but got them to play off finals/fa cup finals etc. People need to reign in expectations and pull together. Have some perspective people.....

No

Sound, so what are your thoughts Oxon...? Happy to let DJ do his thing...?

I don't think we are far off being a decent side. Our disappointing results are worse than we deserve. Not everything DJ does I agree with, though I don't know everything that he does behind the scenes. Not everything he tries, works, but he is the best manager we are likely to get in the Chanpionship and I don't believe that changing managers too frequently helps anyway.

Survival is the first goal, which I believe we are easily capable of. Getting to the playoffs is not impossible as it is a very even an unpredictable league.

Comparing us to Norwich or Southampton is inapropriate and if we did get promoted this year I think it be a very difficult first season in the top flight. If we get promoted next year it will be hard enough.

I don't think we are far off being a decent side. Our disappointing results are worse than we deserve. Not everything DJ does I agree with, though I don't know everything that he does behind the scenes. Not everything he tries, works, but he is the best manager we are likely to get in the Chanpionship and I don't believe that changing managers too frequently helps anyway.

Survival is the first goal, which I believe we are easily capable of. Getting to the playoffs is not impossible as it is a very even an unpredictable league.

Comparing us to Norwich or Southampton is inapropriate and if we did get promoted this year I think it be a very difficult first season in the top flight. If we get promoted next year it will be hard enough.

I agree Oxon.

Things need time to settle and I think DJ just needs to choose an 11 (which, to be fair, over the last 4 or 5 games he has tried to do) and stick with it. Thats the only way we will gel. The club needs stability and in DJ i think we have the man to take us on to the next level. What you said about the unpredictable league we are in was spot on as well. Look at Blackpool, romping away with the league at the start, a few bad results and they are soon down there. Its the same with us, we were in trouble but back to back wins propelled us a few places up the table and things were looking slightly prettier.

I think its time to leave DJ alone. He's experienced and on the whole, knows the crack.