Best striker since hirst

Guest hasisawesome

how absolutely depressing that its approaching 20 years since Hirsty left and only DICanio can come any where near. Lets just hope that we are finally entering a better period in our history when we will finally see some competition. for what its worth I can see a bit of young hirsty in Madine. the lads got a long way to go but he has that same raw power that hirsty had at his age........the rest is up to him?

Guest bigblue

If Bright is allowed, it's him

If Di Canio is, it's him

If neither are, it's Sibon

Steve Maclean isn't even close to being fit to lace Gerald's boots. Totally different league - literally!

Kenwyne Jones would be a good shout if loan players are allowed and the Sibon-haters spout enough anti-Gezza bowlocks

Guest zico sterland

Kenwyne Jones we should try and get him on loan again,Di Canio probabley best but never showed club or fans any respect since the day he left.

Edited by zico sterland

Not sure any have come close. I wouldn't have classed Di Canio as a striker in the same sense as Hirst. I think that I'll plump for MacLean because it had been a while since anyone had scored 20 goals in a season. Bit of a one-off season though which was a shame!

Di Canio was not a centre forward.

A forward yes, but not a centre forward.

I was going to say Sibon, but I have to agree with Gun's call of Bright. He was very underestimated by some Wednesday fans at the time.

Di Canio was ahead of his time in the fact he played up front but wasn't a striker. Same period again but Warhurst was something else