David Hirst Testimonial Match.

Guest Teetowl

Didn't Wrighty and Carlton Palmer give Naseem the bumps in the centre circle? He wasn't too impressed if I can remember.

anyone remember him coming back from an injury and the crowd to see him was 10k for a reserve match :biggrin:

Yes, I was there in the South Stand. Says a lot about the bloke. He was a real talisman. All to watch one bloke play football!

What a player though.

Guest Jackie Moon

I still have the ticket for this match. Only cost a fiver too.

I was born in '87 so too young to appreciate Hirsty in his prime, but felt it was necessary to give him a good send off being a Wednesday legend.

I seem to remember it taking him several attempts to score. Prince Naz got megged by Waddle in the centre-circle and I think that was what triggered the wrestling which someone previously mentioned.

Also Kammy was a good sport too if I remember right.

Des Walker's goal was brilliant.

I went with Kammy and he took me to meet loads of the players. I have a signed programme somewhere. I just remember Des Walker refusing an autograph which I was gutted about.

And Des never scored, he ran the length of the pitch, only for Kammy to chop him down as he was about to score. I had a right go at him after the match.

Just not bothered...

Guest Teetowl

My memory might be failing me, but I seem to remember them all letting Des through near the end so he could score. He still frigging missed.

Yeah, didn't he play up front in the second half?

And Des never scored, he ran the length of the pitch, only for Kammy to chop him down as he was about to score. I had a right go at him after the match.

My memory might be failing me, but I seem to remember them all letting Des through near the end so he could score. He still frigging missed.

Des did score in the game - eventually!

Can't remember the score but it was something ridiculous like 11-9. Chris Turner had an absolute blinder despite being retired, Ian Wright was really pissed off that he couldn't beat him.

I heard Hirsty got £500,00 severance pay - paid by Wednesday - when we sold him to Southampton as he had a couple of years left on his contract and we wanted to sell him on - was it Dave Jones who signed him? - but good luck to him if that was the case. Just thought that needed to be pointed out in view of the earlier "poo poo attendance" comment and by then he'd long since finished with us

Guest wadsgod

anyone remember him coming back from an injury and the crowd to see him was 10k for a reserve match :biggrin:

Yes I remember but but it wasn't 10k it was about 7k (-:

Ian Wright couldn't hit a barn door that day, kept missing chances, hitting the woodwork or

Chris Turner pulling off another save, he got substituted late on, pulled of his shirt and on

his way off the pitch gave it to a ball boy, This bloke had caused so much misery to fans of

Sheffield Wednesday over the years but remember all the south stand chanting his name,

Ian Wright, Wright, Wright, Ian Wright, Wright, Wright!! :biggrin: