Madine or Rhodes

Guest b995

Guest foreverSWFC

You've got to laugh at some of the comments here.

Madine has the potential to be a quality player, but Rhodes is class. He's scored 40 goals this season fooks sake, that is no fluke, scoring 40 goals is no fluke. You can't argue that he is a 'proven failure' in the Championship, Ipswich didn't play him enough and released him, what a MASSIVE mistake that proved to be. Rhodes has matured and developed at Huddersfield and will most likely join Fulham in the summer, a premier league side.

I'm sorry but Rhodes is way ahead of Madine, if Madine scored 40 goals last season we can have this debate.

Guest Big Guns

Madine has the potential to be a quality player, but Rhodes is class. He's scored 40 goals this season fooks sake, that is no fluke, scoring 40 goals is no fluke. You can't argue that he is a 'proven failure' in the Championship, Ipswich didn't play him enough and released him, what a MASSIVE mistake that proved to be. Rhodes has matured and developed at Huddersfield and will most likely join Fulham in the summer, a premier league side.

I'm sorry but Rhodes is way ahead of Madine, if Madine scored 40 goals last season we can have this debate.

This see I do agree with ya sometimes

Having been to both places, its a difficult choice. Madeira is slightly cooler but has an abundance of green vegetation growing on the fertile hill and mountain sides. Rhodes on the other hand is warmer but more baron. However, the island has an illustrious history dating back 1,000's of years.

It's a colossus decision to make but I must choose 1 because you can't have your cake and eat it.

i'll go for Madeira

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Nobody suggested it was a fluke.

But it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Rhodes has just had one of those seasons. This is not to suggest that he isn't a good striker, but to just question whether he could consistently score that amount of goals- i.e. 40 in a season- all the time, and at the higher level. If he had scored 30+ goals consistently, previously, then I would back up your argument that Rhodes is a 'class' striker, however to-date his track record suggests that he is a 20 goals a season man, in League 1. This is still some going, but whether Rhodes can be bracketed as a 'class' striker, still remains to be seen.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

They are of course very different strikers but would actually make a superb pairing What I like about Madine is, he's still not the finished article, whereas Rhodes probably won't develop that much further If he keeps scoring that volume of goals perhaps he doesn't need to With Madine you see the odd flashes of sublime skill, he really does have the technique to develop into a top class centre forward As I said earlier, the key to getting the best out of him is finding the right partner With the right player alongside him last season, we'd have won that league by a country mile

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Rhodes has averaged 23.66 goals a season, to be exact. Good going that!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Ok Rhodes has scored 40 goals last season but he actually created very few of those. The creating was down to Roberts and Novack, Rhodes just has a knack of getting in the right place at the right time, very Linekeresque. Madine on the other hand works with the team and creates chances for both himself and others. I suppose what I am saying is that Rhodes is a bit One Dimentional and to be honest has never recovered from being kept in Danny Batths pocket at the Galpharm. Early season he was a revelation but come the end he had been found out and scored very few in the run in. He was almost invisible against the pigs at Wembley. For me I think Madine will be better next season but time will tell.

Both players have improved a hell of alot since there limited chance at Championship level and are at an age where they will continue to improve.

To be fair to Madine he missed a fair chunk of the season and was rushed back into the side when everyone who saw the games knew he wasnt ready.If him not scoring 20 goals is a criticism then it a very harsh one.

I think time will prove that both us and Huddersfield are both very lucky to have 2 young strikers that have the ability to play at a very high level.

Agree with this, I think Madine would have been pushing for a 30 goal season had it not been for the injury. Think his work rate for the team improved vastly over the previous season.

Guest Big Guns

Pudding proof, coming August.

On on that logic from him who your replying too

Buxton is going to be no use in the championship is he

Gut feeling is that Rhodes could be a 1 season wonder.Madines all round game is better imo

This is my feeling too Rhodes is very good but if he gets 20 in the championship i'll be surprised, but would love to see him up front with gary,

if gary gets 20 i'll be surprised too.

Guest Fedor

When it comes to corn beef sandwiches it has to be brown sauce or salad cream, tomato ketchup is strictly a no no.

Two completely different type of strikers.

In simplistic terms one is better in the box and the other is better outside the box.

Can't choose one in the who's better debate. I rate them both highly. A Rhodes/Madine partnership would work a treat though, unfortunately we won't ever see that.

Guest foreverSWFC

Nobody suggested it was a fluke.

But it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Rhodes has just had one of those seasons. This is not to suggest that he isn't a good striker, but to just question whether he could consistently score that amount of goals- i.e. 40 in a season- all the time, and at the higher level. If he had scored 30+ goals consistently, previously, then I would back up your argument that Rhodes is a 'class' striker, however to-date his track record suggests that he is a 20 goals a season man, in League 1. This is still some going, but whether Rhodes can be bracketed as a 'class' striker, still remains to be seen.

He scored over 20 the season before last aswell. Look at a proffesional level scoring 40 goals a season is absolutely staggering. Somebody said that it was down to the service of Roberts and Novak, what a stupid comment that is, all strikers goals come from the work of others, as has Madine who sacored the majority of his goals last season when Marshall was on fire. Strikers need to be in the right place at the right time, that is not luck, that is being a bloody good striker, Rhodes always finds an attacking position and scores, sign of a natural goalscorer.

Rhodes is good on the ball, many have said he hasn't got the ability other than scoring, but when i've seen him playe he's got a lovely first touch and his movement is top class. Perhaps Madine brings others into the game and holds the ball up better, but i'd much rather have a 40 goal as season striker who scores regularly, than a striker who works hard.

Rhodes could easily cut it at the Championship, he is a natural goalscorer, and it is easy to see that he can score goals at a higher level, 40 goals for fooks sake. He'll join a premier league side this summer and probably do well in that division, i mean if Grant Holt can score 16 goals in the Premier League, who knows what Rhodes is capable of. People need to stop basing his ability on the pllay off final, yep he looked average in that game, but ask any Huddersfield fan throughout the season he has been out of this world, and i s clearly one of the best finishers outisde the Premier League.

He hasn't had one of those seasons, and i will be more than willing to bump this when Rhodes scores plenty of goals wherever he is next season. It doesn't take a genius to spot a class striker, and Rhodes is that.

So why quote a pointless figure

I don't see how you don't understand. Hard work by Madine has occasionally meant that another player gets a chance.

The comment from the previous post noted his creativivity getting assists for players....that's not the case, he's not creative, he doesn't split defenses with key passes and he doesn't do a man to put it on a plate for a team mate either.

I'm not sure I can make the point much clearer.