Madine or Rhodes

Guest b995

Does no one know that Madine has been in the Chanpionship on here?? He was at Cov and was gash. I'd like him to do well, but have to agree with comments that point out how he managed less that 20 goals in league 1. Rhodes is hardly going to bang 40 this season and chuff all next.

Rhodes for me.

Does no one know that Madine has been in the Chanpionship on here?? He was at Cov and was gash. I'd like him to do well, but have to agree with comments that point out how he managed less that 20 goals in league 1. Rhodes is hardly going to bang 40 this season and chuff all next.

Rhodes for me.

Both players have improved a hell of alot since there limited chance at Championship level and are at an age where they will continue to improve.

To be fair to Madine he missed a fair chunk of the season and was rushed back into the side when everyone who saw the games knew he wasnt ready.If him not scoring 20 goals is a criticism then it a very harsh one.

I think time will prove that both us and Huddersfield are both very lucky to have 2 young strikers that have the ability to play at a very high level.

Madine gives you so much more creating goals for others and making his own.

Rhodes can finish but nothing else. The comment that he scored 40 in a crap team shows the ignorance of some people. If Huddersfield were crap why have they come up.

They would make a potentially good partnership as they are very different players. It for Madine offers more of an all round game

Both players have improved a hell of alot since there limited chance at Championship level and are at an age where they will continue to improve.

To be fair to Madine he missed a fair chunk of the season and was rushed back into the side when everyone who saw the games knew he wasnt ready.If him not scoring 20 goals is a criticism then it a very harsh one.

I think time will prove that both us and Huddersfield are both very lucky to have 2 young strikers that have the ability to play at a very high level.

I don't know what a very high level is, but 18 in about 35/36 games isn't a fantastic return for a striker who played in a team who went up automatically - not as our main goal threat.

Simple point is, 18 goals in L1 isn't going to convert into 25 Championship goals (although I appreciate the learning and developing point) which is what we need if we're going to have a good season (from our number 1 striker). I'd like Madine to play up tip with someone who can score us 20 odd league goals, as I think it would bring him on and encourage him to be more clinical also.

If he gets 18 league goals next season, that will be cracking return, but someone else will have to get the same if not more for us to have a good season.

Rhodes for me.

Steve maclean scored over 20 goals for us in lge 1 then he did roger all at champ level

Key to getting the best out of Madine is finding the right partner None of the players we paired him with really worked for me, perhaps Morrison or Lowe were the best, but neither offered what Madine doesn't, pace. Madine has some very good attributes, he's clever, good strength and awareness and he knows where the goal is

Rhodes, i dont really rate madine - he scores a few goals then does roger all for the next 5 games.

Why do we get posts like this whenever Madine hasn't scored for a couple of weeks?

Madine was exceptional for us last season. He has the best technique and close control at the club, he is a fantastic finisher (in fact I don't think he is far from being as good a finisher as Rhodes - the difference being that Rhodes plays on the last man whereas Madine gets involved in buildup so Rhodes gets more chances).

I don't get why there always seems to be an undercurrent of negativity towards him.

To answer the question - if Rhodes doesn't score in a game then he has done nothing so it is always a risk having that kind of player. I'd be interested to see how he does for a team fight relegation in the Championship. I'd pick Madine because I don't think the is much difference in their overall game.

I'd definately swap Rhodes for Lowe though.

Guest bigblue

Madine

Rhodes is a poacher without the pace to really make an impact at a higher level. If Udders don't manage to create him a lot of chances (and they won't), I can see him having a much tougher season against Championship defenders.

I think they'll both score about 15, but Madine will contribute more to our team than Rhodes will to his.

I don't know what a very high level is, but 18 in about 35/36 games isn't a fantastic return for a striker who played in a team who went up automatically - not as our main goal threat.

Simple point is, 18 goals in L1 isn't going to convert into 25 Championship goals (although I appreciate the learning and developing point) which is what we need if we're going to have a good season (from our number 1 striker). I'd like Madine to play up tip with someone who can score us 20 odd league goals, as I think it would bring him on and encourage him to be more clinical also.

If he gets 18 league goals next season, that will be cracking return, but someone else will have to get the same if not more for us to have a good season.

"18 goals in 35 /36 games" thats about a 1 in 2 ratio most strikers would take that.

Madine gives you so much more creating goals for others and making his own.

Rhodes can finish but nothing else. The comment that he scored 40 in a crap team shows the ignorance of some people. If Huddersfield were crap why have they come up.

They would make a potentially good partnership as they are very different players. It for Madine offers more of an all round game

Madine = 1 assist

Rhodes = 3 assists

You might mean general hard work up top from Madine means that others get chances in front of goal, but he doesn't 'create' chances for others.

Anyway, this isn't a Madine hating message. Simply put, Rhodes will score more goals next season IMO - and he'll develop further too due to his exposure in the national team - not Madine's fault and nothing he can do to help himself here, just a fact (if selected).

"18 goals in 35 /36 games" thats about a 1 in 2 ratio most strikers would take that.

Yeah, in a good league - if he bangs 1 in 2 next year fine. But it's the first time in his career he's managed that sort of return and it was in a team that were flying. We might not be up there next season, but still need him to produce 20/25 goals. Again, I hope he does it.

Madine = 1 assist

Rhodes = 3 assists

You might mean general hard work up top from Madine means that others get chances in front of goal, but he doesn't 'create' chances for others.

Anyway, this isn't a Madine hating message. Simply put, Rhodes will score more goals next season IMO - and he'll develop further too due to his exposure in the national team - not Madine's fault and nothing he can do to help himself here, just a fact (if selected).

Agree Rhodes will continue to score goals but the exposure of playing for Scotland will hardly help anyone :biggrin: .

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Rhodes had an excellent season last. But previous to that he was scoring in the late teens, which Madine did this season. It will be interesting to see whether this season was a flash in the pan for Rhodes or whether he will continue to score freely as he did.

I will stick my neck out and say Madine, because I think he has a bit more physical about him and the potential to be a top striker. I also get the feeling that Rhodes wont be as prolific as he has been this season, ever again, although I could be wrong on this one, we will have to wait and see.

Yeah, in a good league - if he bangs 1 in 2 next year fine. But it's the first time in his career he's managed that sort of return and it was in a team that were flying. We might not be up there next season, but still need him to produce 20/25 goals. Again, I hope he does it.

We where hardly flighing before March.

people havent mentioned how many partners Madine as had this season and iam sure trying to build a new partnership 4 or 5 times a season coupled with playing when obviously not fully fit didnt help his cause.You only after look at the different types of goals Madine as scored to see that given the chances he will give us a very good goal return.

Madine = 1 assist

Rhodes = 3 assists

Direct assist figures don't always tell the whole the whole story. How often did Madine hold the ball up or change the direction of play putting wingers or lines who were given the assist. That is what I meant you don't get them from a poacher like Rhodes. As I said previously Rhodes would be good partner for Madine but if I had to choose it would be the player with more potential to play at a higher level in Madine.

Direct assist figures don't always tell the whole the whole story. How often did Madine hold the ball up or change the direction of play putting wingers or lines who were given the assist. That is what I meant you don't get them from a poacher like Rhodes. As I said previously Rhodes would be good partner for Madine but if I had to choose it would be the player with more potential to play at a higher level in Madine.

....hence the hard work comment...

Madine has a better all round game, but Rhodes is a much better goalscorer. They would probably compliment each other very well

Watched rhodes against the pigs and unless you knew he had scored forty goals you wouldn't have given him a second look

Only one game i know but did he have a shot on goal? His contribution was zero

On the other hand having seen him many times in other games this season and it's obvious his finishing is of the highest calibre

Personally i would want more of a contribution from his link play

With regard to madine, i've seen enough of him to know his main issues are firmly inside his head

If he could lose the bill big time young gun b0ll0x he has all the attributes to go on to big things

I hope he has picked up on Danny Batths professionalism, an old head on young shoulders if ever there was one

So Madine or Rhodes

It's Madine for me, I can see so much more in his game that is likely to take him further

reading won the championship and there top scorer(alf) had 12 goals the next had 8 .to say you need a 25 goal striker to be successful is way off the mark .