Garry Madine

We had a tax bill to pay and weren't in a position to negotiate...Cut throat is football but it also has a funny habit of biting you on the arse. Burnley will hopefully struggle this season and have to offload players for a pitance.

Madine will be a revelation for us next season, in a better side, with better service, from more creative players. You'll start to see what a cracking player he can become

This.

Anyone who watches Madine closely will tell you, he makes all the runs, it's the quality of service that's been lacking.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I would be extremely surprised if Madine were to be sold. I'm sure he's key to DJs plans for the upcoming season. He's also the only one of our 3 strikers who I'm confident can cut it at this level. It will be hard enough to find someone quality to partner Madine, we certainly don't want to be having to replace him as well. Even with cash to spend finding strikers who can score goals at this level isn't easy. The only way we should consider selling is if we receive a silly offer.

I would be extremely surprised if Madine were to be sold. I'm sure he's key to DJs plans for the upcoming season. He's also the only one of our 3 strikers who I'm confident can cut it at this level. It will be hard enough to find someone quality to partner Madine, we certainly don't want to be having to replace him as well. Even with cash to spend finding strikers who can score goals at this level isn't easy. The only way we should consider selling is if we receive a silly offer.

Everyone is for sale if we receive a silly offer, and i do expect us to sell players in the next few years for decent money.

Guest sal1

Everyone is for sale if we receive a silly offer, and i do expect us to sell players in the next few years for decent money.

Agree. So long as we get paid over the odds and find replacements at the right money then its a common sense policy.

Thread on a Burnley forum about him.

Here's a post...

Posted 22 May 2012 00:20

re: Gary Madine

"big clubs" don't spend 3 season swanning around the third tier of English football. Personally i think he would be a great signing. I know both Carlise & Sheffield Wednesday fans who rave about him. Especially is Jay goes its a position that we will need one more player in. But I wouldn't break the bank for him.

He shouldn't be that too big of a fee. Austin was about the same age, if no younger than Madine at the time we signed him, and had a far better scoring record. So in theory he shouldn't cost any more than Charlie if we were to sign him. May well be part of a recently promoted Sheff Wednesday side, but we would be paying for his ability, not for the success of another club

Now we're in the Championship we really don't have to worry about losing players to crapholes like Burnley anymore.

Its a good feeling now, losing good players to shitty clubs who happened to be above us was probably the thing I hated the most about league one.

No way Gazza's going anywhere like Burnley anymore.

Wouldn't sell for less than 2mil minimum from anyone either.

Yep.