Madine Booking

If I get the chance I'm going to go back through the recording of the first half and see how much "stoppage" time there was. The 4th official indicated 3 minutes but I'm guessing the ball was actually in play for much less than 30 minutes of the whole half.

How is it justified that Madine gets a yellow for rolling the ball 18 inches to "waste" 3 seconds of time and yet PNE can "waste" upwards of 15 minutes of first half time?

Madine didn't even waste any time, the ball was back on the 6 yard line before he had walked out of the box anyway.

Pretty stupid by him to be honest, and just gave the ref an excuse.

The first half was awful though, Preston tactics plus the ref made it terrible viewing.

The point I was making is that if you do it as the team in possession it's seen completely differently by the ref.

I can't think of a good example today but at the Walsall game the ball landed on top of the Walsall net and their keeper punched it off - about 40 yards down the pitch before ambling up to collect it.

The ref didn't even see it . he kept looking at the linesman to see if he had seen it but he just shrugged then he just thought f**k it ill book him. Just watched it the ref had his back to the incident and didn't turn round till Madine was about five yards past the ball - i think it was a bit of payback to us lot for letting him know how inept he was.

The point I was making is that if you do it as the team in possession it's seen completely differently by the ref.

I can't think of a good example today but at the Walsall game the ball landed on top of the Walsall net and their keeper punched it off - about 40 yards down the pitch before ambling up to collect it.

I know wot u mean pal and it fooks me off to. How Madines was classed as timewaistin is a joke. Some teams spend the whole game timewastin like preston did today but it goes unnoticed. Really gets on my boobies.

If I get the chance I'm going to go back through the recording of the first half and see how much "stoppage" time there was. The 4th official indicated 3 minutes but I'm guessing the ball was actually in play for much less than 30 minutes of the whole half.

How is it justified that Madine gets a yellow for rolling the ball 18 inches to "waste" 3 seconds of time and yet PNE can "waste" upwards of 15 minutes of first half time?

I think he was actually booked for unsporting behaviour. Still pathetic though and I thought the referee ruined the match with constant stoppages and poor decisions

I think he was actually booked for unsporting behaviour. Still pathetic though and I thought the referee ruined the match with constant stoppages and poor decisions

Again, that's my point, it's unsporting behaviour because he kicked the ball away to waste time.

What's the difference if you do the same thing when you are in posession of the ball?

Let's take the blue and white tinted glasses off.

Ironically one of the only decisions the ref got right all day and he actually didn't see what happened.

I just hope Madine doesn't end up picking up a suspension before the end of the season because he decided to act the wee pipe.

Guest Willyowl

It were just daft. Lad had a cracking game though, if he plays like that rest of season then we can definitely pile some pressure on Blades. Well done Gary.

For goodness sake Madine was booked for kicking the ball away after the keeper had placed it for a goal kick not for time wasting. I don't recall any complaints when an opposition player received a caution for doing the same in the last home match.

He moved the ball a few inches it was a terrible decision by the ref, as it was to book Jones and best yet Lines. The thing is the ref will view all 3 andhe won't budge on Jones and Madine, but he should be able to scratch out Lines yellow card as it was a genuine error.

Guest totemowl
For goodness sake Madine was booked for kicking the ball away after the keeper had placed it for a goal kick not for time wasting. I don't recall any complaints when an opposition player received a caution for doing the same in the last home match.

Simple as. The ref was obliged to book him for doing that. I suspect the 4th official told him what happened. They have a radio link don't they?

Madines was a booking - you cannot do that

With Rob Jones although there was no intent and it was just a genuine mistimed challenge with no danger attached i think it was one of those borderline decisions - sometimes get cards and sometimes not but it can be argued either way

The Lines incident was just one of those really infuriating times when a ref gets it badly wrong to start then manages to compound the error by dishing out a booking too.

Refs are developed like our coaches and players - its all about procedure and ticking boxes where the actual nitty gritty of err....getting decisions right, is somehow seen as less important that reffing by numbers

Fast tracking has been a disaster with refs going way too far too quickly and ending up with the shambolic situation that saw Stuart Atwell ruining games and probably costing managers their jobs with his stunningly inept performances.

The FA's governance of our game is bordering on criminal negligence

The players know the rules - why do they do such daft things. Madine played well today and might have had a hatrick if he had stayed on the pitch for 90 mins - I think Jones took him off to prevent a further booking.

As for Rob Jones - fell foul of the worst ref at Hillsborough this year - does he now miss the Hudders game?

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

Hudders and Oldham I think it's 2 games for 10 bookings. But I'd prefer Batth and Llera against Hudds anyway