Robbie Fowler?

Don't even waste your breath lads, this will never happen.

Just like the Megson to Wolves rumour, it will be rubbished by DJ or MM next week.

Lazy journalism, Fowler doesn't have a club and DJ signed him for Cardiff. Complete bullshit.

Who's to say theres less in this than all the other rumours?

It's all we can go by. Could be true, could be garbage.

Trevor Francis was a has been reject. And one of the best players to pull on the blue and white jersey.

trevor francis was a top-flight player for qpr when we signed him,fowler hasnt played top-flight football for years and just left the thai league( which i'm guessing is a lower standard than league 1 )and wasnt a success in that .....

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I wouldn't right Fowler off at League 1 level.

Out manager will know for certain if he still has it.

Just keep the faith guys!

Guest foreverSWFC

I wouldn't mind tbh. Would draw some media attention and I'm sure the players would love to have a player of his stature in the dressing room.

A look at his stats suggests he hasn't really cut it for 9 years- regardless of the level he's player at.

It's easy to dream about him rolling back the clock but the truth is the games would probably just pass him by.

agreed - the potential for it to go badly would be much higher than the potential for it to be a success - as you say there is nothing in his recent history to make this seem a wise move

Guest Johnbloodaxe

A 1 in 3 return in Australia isn't that bad at all.. The mentor for Madine is also very interesting and a good shout IMO...

Fowler vs Clinton...Fowler with a fairly recent decent goal return in Aus... Mmmm which one would you have?

I always really liked Fowler as a goal poacher, and we make a lot of chances which he may stick away, it's the instinct that he has, right place right time...he was never about pace etc.. just sticking em in... I think this would be a decent signing and may cause consternation in Div 1 defences leaving Madine more room to score... Just a thought..

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

agreed - the potential for it to go badly would be much higher than the potential for it to be a success - as you say there is nothing in his recent history to make this seem a wise move

No problem for me as long as the emphasis is on him coming in as a mentor/player. Therefore, even if it doesn't work out for him on the pitch his experience and knowledge of the game would sitll be beneficial for our strikeforce. I really can't see why it could go badly!

Win win situation IMO.