Photo
- - - - -

Mandaric confirms Megson knew on Sunday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 AndyS

AndyS

Reserve Team Player

• Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Of course gary megson knew he was for the bullet, plus all the team knew as well.

You only have to see the reaction of the team during and afterthe match, especially after the goal, and then the interview with gary megson after the match. Thanks Gary and good luck for the future gary megson

Still things change but continue, we have to support the club and get behind the team UTO lol

#42 jackowl97

jackowl97

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Of course gary megson knew he was for the bullet, plus all the team knew as well.

You only have to see the reaction of the team during and afterthe match, especially after the goal, and then the interview with gary megson after the match. Thanks Gary and good luck for the future gary megson

Still things change but continue, we have to support the club and get behind the team UTO lol

Totally agree - Just having it confirmed that he knew for certain highlights what an emotional day it must have been for him and what a job he did giving us that day.

So glad the team, the staff and the fans did him proud.

#43 Dan™

Dan™

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

In the sound byte the woman from Hallam Fm says " so your saying that after Chesterfield Gary knew that it was all over for him" and Mandaric answers "that' s correct "

http://bit.ly/xWAeVW#SWFC

Not listened to that sound clip as I saw the full recording yesterday, but he immediately corrected himself after saying that. I assume he either misunderstood the question or his use of English wasn't perfect in his answer.

He clearly stated that he hadn't told Gary before the United game. Can we get the thread title changed please mods, it's a bit misleading.

#44 Weshallovercome

Weshallovercome

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,615 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Some ppl on here are no better than the gutter press. They read between the lines and then convince themselves it's gospel. The only 2 ppl who know the truth are Milan and Jones. They've both come out with the same story, it may be true it may not, but I have no reason to doubt them

If you watch the press conference again and look for 'the signs' then you might?

#45 JC Saviour

JC Saviour

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

So basically MM, you sacked GM but wanted to deceive the fans into thinking things wern't as bad as we thought they were. You (MM) were obviously desparate in beating the pigs and the only way to do it was to keep GM in for one last match. GM couldn't have been that bad, eh.

You MM are flipping classless and one thing you are good at is bamboozelling the Owlstalk faithful. Thank god that its only the minority of the SWFC fan base ( large percentage of owlstalk posters) who think you are the dogs gonads. You could see DJ sitting through the interview wishing, what the flip is going on. You will soon find out.

But then, he's the messiah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 spacehopper

spacehopper

Youth Team Player

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

one thing i did pick up on when mandaric was being asked about jones was that he said I (mandaric) have not spoken to him and that 'my (mandarics) first meeting' with jones was the day after megson was sacked..

rather than denying any contact.. im sure sure aldridge or someone else will have spoken to him and mediated..

#47 BarnOwl55

BarnOwl55

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

I for one am absolutely delighted that the last Sunday's game will be known as the Megson Derby - there could be nothing more fitting.

This is so much more appropriate than all the drivel about 'seeking closure'and ' losing a brother',

Sunday 28th Feb: Wednesday 1-0 United: THE MEGSON DERBY

Brilliant legacy for Gary and one that avoids all the emotional baggage and defamatory comments associated to MM and DJ

A Pefect conclusion to the entire episode. :rolleyes:

#48 since59owe

since59owe

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,717 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

I for one am absolutely delighted that the last Sunday's game will be known as the Megson Derby - there could be nothing more fitting.

This is so much more appropriate than all the drivel about 'seeking closure'and ' losing a brother',

Sunday 28th Feb: Wednesday 1-0 United: THE MEGSON DERBY

Brilliant legacy for Gary and one that avoids all the emotional baggage and defamatory comments associated to MM and DJ

A Pefect conclusion to the entire episode. :rolleyes:

gary megson Thanks.

#49 1867Heaven

1867Heaven

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

The man's a Wednesdayite first and foremost..... If he did know then credit to bloke.

Thanks for Sunday Gary...... It was a blast gary megson

He came in when we were going nowhere fast and stabalised

love him and remember he was the man in charge when wednesday turned the corner

but DJ or GM??

no contest

they say it about players all the time but Dave Jones truely is a manager who has never fulfilled his potential

5years time and if were top 10 prem.....IF (i know) then DJ will probably be in charge, Megson sorry but no

Love you Ginger Jose but there it is for me

#50 bladeshater

bladeshater

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

He came in when we were going nowhere fast and stabalised

love him and remember he was the man in charge when wednesday turned the corner

but DJ or GM??

no contest

they say it about players all the time but Dave Jones truely is a manager who has never fulfilled his potential

5years time and if were top 10 prem.....IF (i know) then DJ will probably be in charge, Megson sorry but no

Love you Ginger Jose but there it is for me

If we go up both men deserve great credit dj doing a great job meggo gave him a tremendous platform to build on

#51 1867Heaven

1867Heaven

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

If we go up both men deserve great credit dj doing a great job meggo gave him a tremendous platform to build on

Undoubtably

And hopefully in not to many hours we'll have a better idea because to be fair to Dave he couldn't of done any more (he was in stand during 1st game)

A win and we'll do it i'm sure but a defeat and bl###s win and it'll be 6points from5 and thats a big ask, a win and we'll be right up there and they'll poo it and victory will be ours.........

......COME ON WEDNESDAY