Mandaric confirms Megson knew on Sunday

Some ppl on here are no better than the gutter press. They read between the lines and then convince themselves it's gospel. The only 2 ppl who know the truth are Milan and Jones. They've both come out with the same story, it may be true it may not, but I have no reason to doubt them

Corrected for you ,

i agree with the correction but it's over now not forgotten tho.

What really pleases me and I've said it before knowing it was his last game what a way to go out - he may be raw now, but when he reflects he'll smile as do we for him

What!

Whatever you think of the decision, I don't quite make out how he was treated with a lack of respect, dignity and humanity. The man was sacked but he was spoken to face to face by the Chairman. There never a 'nice' way to sack anyone. DJ has made it clear that he was not appointed until after Megson was relieved of his position.

Listen, I like Megson but such comments are little more than an attempt to be the one who likes him the most - stop wallowing in this psuedo self pity. lol

where has MM officially given a public 'thank you for your hard work gary and good luck for the future' (usual drivel) type speech/official announcement ? not so much as a thank you! is that as dignified as meggo has handled himself ???

ps/ not bothered either way about the sacking - just the lack of respect for one of our own!

Forever know as

THE MEGSON GAME

I'll be happy with this, until he manages us again (two stints as a player, two as a manager) the derby will be the Megson game, watching the end of the highlights when he was just looking over at the Kop when we were bouncing smiled and bounced as well, Owl first and foremost!!

Class and dignity mr megson something that manderic couldnt buy with all is millions

Just why have you said that? Mandaric hasn't acted in a dignified way, because he sacked Megson? Since Christmas there has been a steady stream of people on here decrying the style of play and performance, and actually querying whether or not Megson was fit to be in charge. If he'd been sacked after the Chesterfield game nobody would've complained, but we beat United, he gets the bullet and world war three breaks out. It's a bit reminiscent of when Wilkinson was manager, and we'd win a game by two or three clear goals and people would leave Hillsborough unhappy with what'd been served up. It was almost a relief when he left for Leeds. We were a top six side in the top league and were averaging fourteen and a half thousand at home games. As for class, didn't Megson take over at Leicester, and then almost immediately walk out on them for the Bolton job? I think it was less than a fortnight after he took over at Leicester, and that shows a serious lack of class on Megson's behalf. Mandaric on the other hand said he bore no grudge and understood that Megson had to take the opportunity to manage again in the Premiership.

Megson is one of us, and has declared his love for Wednesday, every day for the past thirteen months. He, not Mandaric galvanised the different factions, the various supporters groups, the fans who just turn up to games, the players and the backroom staff, and for that he deserves enormous praise, but things have quite blatantly been on the slide for the past couple of months, and Mandaric, who knows more about running a football club than anybody on this forum, decided that in the best interest of the club it was time for Megson to leave. I'd like to bey that if, when Irvine was sacked, Mandaric took Dave Jones on as manager, most of the posters on here would've been more than happy.

Just why have you said that? Mandaric hasn't acted in a dignified way, because he sacked Megson? Since Christmas there has been a steady stream of people on here decrying the style of play and performance, and actually querying whether or not Megson was fit to be in charge. If he'd been sacked after the Chesterfield game nobody would've complained, but we beat United, he gets the bullet and world war three breaks out. It's a bit reminiscent of when Wilkinson was manager, and we'd win a game by two or three clear goals and people would leave Hillsborough unhappy with what'd been served up. It was almost a relief when he left for Leeds. We were a top six side in the top league and were averaging fourteen and a half thousand at home games. As for class, didn't Megson take over at Leicester, and then almost immediately walk out on them for the Bolton job? I think it was less than a fortnight after he took over at Leicester, and that shows a serious lack of class on Megson's behalf. Mandaric on the other hand said he bore no grudge and understood that Megson had to take the opportunity to manage again in the Premiership.

Megson is one of us, and has declared his love for Wednesday, every day for the past thirteen months. He, not Mandaric galvanised the different factions, the various supporters groups, the fans who just turn up to games, the players and the backroom staff, and for that he deserves enormous praise, but things have quite blatantly been on the slide for the past couple of months, and Mandaric, who knows more about running a football club than anybody on this forum, decided that in the best interest of the club it was time for Megson to leave. I'd like to bey that if, when Irvine was sacked, Mandaric took Dave Jones on as manager, most of the posters on here would've been more than happy.

Abso bloody lutely!

Just listened to the whole press conference and immediately after this clip Paul Walker asks Mandaric to clarify and he clearly states that no Megson did not know before the derby game, HE (Mandaric) knew

That Hallam FM story is bullshit and they know it. Shoddy misleading journalism

I didn't know though, I mean it was just rumours and I honestly thought Megson would keep his job after that victory, and that our blip was over, Wednesday night I was stunned, MASSIVE respect to Megson how he kept his head and composure and beating United with all that inside his head.

Megson you will always be a legend.

WTID.

Just listened to the whole press conference and immediately after this clip Paul Walker asks Mandaric to clarify and he clearly states that no Megson did not know before the derby game, HE (Mandaric) knew

That Hallam FM story is bullshit and they know it. Shoddy misleading journalism

In the sound byte the woman from Hallam Fm says " so your saying that after Chesterfield Gary knew that it was all over for him" and Mandaric answers "that' s correct "

http://bit.ly/xWAeVW#SWFC