Megson - "people expect us to skate through the division...."

Guest SemedoISgod

No. We expect the players to at least try though.

i do think the players are trying, but just arent good enough! for example Mike Jones..

Megson has always had the reputation of being tough on discipline. I wonder whether that is not getting the best out of some of our more sulky player's (Madine)

I would love to be in the dressing room to see how he motivates the team before the match etc. I think he needs to rethink his tactics, but it's maybe too late in the season to change that.

Guest highamowl

ok so were 3rd and megson needs to change his approach. Madine was scoring a goal a game, but megson is not going to get the best out of him.

WE ARE IN A ROUGH PATCH. it happens to all teams. Get over it.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Megson- 'A few players think they are better than what they are, and they've got to start shaping themselves!'- in Yorkshire Post, 3 days ago.

Nothing wrong with this attitude from the players as long as the players are playing well and with confidence. It's really good to have self-belief beyond your talents, especially as a professional athlete. If Megson thinks this about some of his players then great, but use this self-belief and nurture it, not shoot it down in flames!

Megson is shaping the players himself by sugesting that they are not as good, as they themselves, would like to be!

*LMH Waits for the happy clappers and Megson brigade to shoot HIM down in flames*

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest sheridan 11

You should have kept an eye on Prutton on Tuesday not even interested never gave an option i watched him for long periods and my urine was boiling.

Another bang on statement. People do expect us to skate through it....just read some of the ott comments after a loss.

Why do we go through this BS every season. I'm not saying Megson is perfect, but his interviews & comments are not a problem.

As most people have said about all our recent managers- let's judge him by results....we're 3rd in L1, with a patched together cheap squad.

Guest highamowl

Don't think any sane person thought we'd walk the league - but beating stevenage at Hillsborough might not be too much to ask.

they are 6th and have the second best defence in the league....not saying we shouldnt expect to win, but they are a better side than we are giving them credit.

Owlstalk is quickly turning into a haven for over-reacting drama queens with Neil fanning the flames. I fully understand certain ppl like to get a debate going and it's in some ppl's interest keep these debates going. But I'd really like to read ppl's actual point of view rather than some attempt to create a frenzy

Don't think any sane person thought we'd walk the league - but beating stevenage at Hillsborough might not be too much to ask.

form side in the division at the moment arent they? and by all accounts, we should have at least salvaged a draw from the game.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Another bang on statement. People do expect us to skate through it....just read some of the ott comments after a loss.

Why do we go through this BS every season. I'm not saying Megson is perfect, but his interviews & comments are not a problem.

As most people have said about all our recent managers- let's judge him by results....we're 3rd in L1, with a patched together cheap squad.

Wednesday squad will earn as much as the Steveneage and Exeter squad combined.

So why all this talk of a cheap squad?. Yes! maybe in comparison to United and Charlton (possibly?) but not many others.

Yes, we are where we shoud be in the league, granted.

But the worry is not about our position in the league (which people keep harping on about), but it is more about the manner in which the team are playing at the moment.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump