Ian Knight

I was recovering from my ACL replacement at the same time as ian had that terrible injury....Alan Smith let me go down to the gym in the mornings to do rehab and Ian with that horrendous contraption of metal sticking through his leg always used to come over and ask how " I " was doing. Top bloke

Edited by daveyboy66

One of the worst tackles I have ever seen on a football pitch. He looked class and had a big future ruined by a nobody going over the top against a much better player, other have been in court for less.

Edited by captowl

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Can still remember that game to this day. It seemed like an age before they could eventually move him from the pitch. Terrible.

Remember reading a comment from Don howe , who was england under 21 coach , something along the lines of We have a centre half who will be England captain and a world class talent for years to come.

When a reporter said Tony Adams the Arsenal Lad, he responed , no theboy Knight is head and shoulders above him!

Bennett was the chester psycho, WAS nearly sick that night

Ian Knight was Tony Adams central defensive partner for England, I think it was U18 level so correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of football experts considered Knight to have the bigger future. I was at the game when Bennett assaulted him, it was the worst tackle I've ever seen and it finished the career of the most highly rated centre half of his generation.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.