Jose Semedo

Guest Sheff Owl

Well considering he was with us like 5 years or something, I think we've seen him a considerably more amount than u, making me laugh that your all jumping down my throat for an honest opinion which you obviously can't handle, he won player of the year because of his passion, crying when he scored and kissing the badge and what not, its also funny as not too long ago I read comments on here with all you lot moaning about him and how he does 'nothing but foul' football fans do make you laugh eh

Why, are you not a football fan!? Obviously, you are entitled to your opinion but Semedo deserves praise for the start he has had with us. For some reason, you can't handle that & want to tell us he's sh!t. It baffles me to be honest. Trust me, I'm not on MK Dons forums telling them that Potter is a poor excuse for a footballer if they're praising him & thats because I'm glad he's gone.

Guest Sheff Owl

Well considering he was with us like 5 years or something, I think we've seen him a considerably more amount than u, making me laugh that your all jumping down my throat for an honest opinion which you obviously can't handle, he won player of the year because of his passion, crying when he scored and kissing the badge and what not, its also funny as not too long ago I read comments on here with all you lot moaning about him and how he does 'nothing but foul' football fans do make you laugh eh

The thing is how often does a player leave a football club and then get's slagged off?

Semedo has come in here and has not a put a foot wrong, he wins challenges, he is strong but fair in the challenge, not sure what he was like for you and to be honest i don't think any Owls fan really cares. He is doing the business now and in most Owls fans eyes he should be the first name on the team sheet.

So there is people who moan about Semedo?? i'll be honest i have not seen it, but we have some fans who moan about Gary Madine yet he has 3 goals in 2 games, other players are getting a bit of stick also UNDESERVED might i add.

I can see him being our player of the season already and we are only a few games in (or at least being a contender)

The guy is pure class. Great engine, awareness, ability, can tackle and keeps it simple. yet unassuming (Take note joc). For me just about mom everytime i see him play. Fantastic signing already.

Yet some 'fans' who air behind me, slate him whenever he has the ball. I ask ya! Some are deluded.

Guest charltonsam

Not really slating him here lads, just giving an honest opinion on his time at charlton I wish him luck with you lot he's a great fella, got a heart of gold! As I said I came here to give an opinion, and also wished you luck on your season, looking forward to the game on the 5th

You are entitled to your opinion and have probably seen him much more than we have but in his time at Wednesday he has been absolutely superb. Just what we were looking for.

Anyway, do you think you have what it takes this year? I must admit I was sceptical of Powell when he was given the job but he seems to be doing very well at the moment. Will be a tough game for us Monday week.

Guest Bob de Bilde

Some have slated his away performances I must admit but like all football fans- our team is amazing and promotion certainties when we win or draw (away) and awful and relegation candidates when we lose or draw (at home) and the players performances rated accordingly.

Cheers for your opinions/background chartlonsam and I look forward to Semedo smashing in the winner in the 95th minute next Monday and kissing our badge and crying like a *****- should be a good game

Hi, charlton fan in peace here, just a few comments on semedo, he's a top lad his passion is top notch! But he is not technically gifted he fouls a lot and cannot play attacking football, and the majority of us fans believe he wouldn't be near the first team this season, would struggle to get near the bench, he has been a big part of our demise over the years and I haven't actually heard anybody say 'we miss semedo' cos our midfield is really strong, knowing our luck he'll score on monday! Good luck for the season (apart from against us)!

Not really slating him here lads, just giving an honest opinion on his time at charlton I wish him luck with you lot he's a great fella, got a heart of gold! As I said I came here to give an opinion, and also wished you luck on your season, looking forward to the game on the 5th

:blink:

Guest SmokedAddick

Semedo was signed when we were a Premiership club and by League 1 standards was on an unsustainable wage.

That is the primary reason he was released.

I guess we could have made him a derisory new offer but the manager had other plans.

As somebody who voted him player of the year (for the last 2 seasons) I stand by that choice; he was tenacious, committed, technically sound and did a great job trying to protect our suspect back 4.

He also wore his heart on his sleeve for Charlton, literally overcome with emotion when he scored for us

However, he was signed as a centre back and we converted him to a defensive midfielder.

As such he has his limitations and he also suffered by some addicks with the stigma of being part of our disastrous decline over the last 5 years culminating last season in some of the most dire football that I've seen in my 50 years of supporting Charlton.

Personally I wish him well; in the right team he is a good player, but that team isn't us and we are now playing with a fluent style in which he isn't missed as might have been expected.

Good luck for the season; I'd be very surprised if Jose scores against us, getting forward wasn't his thing.

But if he does, I'll be crying this time, Jose!

Semedo, whoooaaaa

Semedo, whooooooaaaaaaa.

He comes from Portugal

He *****ing hates Millwall.

Can't say fairer!

Edited by SmokedAddick

Semedo was signed when we were a Premiership club and by League 1 standards was on an unsustainable wage.

I guess we could have made him a derisory new offer but the manager had other plans.

As somebody who voted him player of the year (for the last 2 seasons) I stand by that choice; he was tenacious, committed, technically sound and did a great job trying to protect our suspect back 4.

He also wore his heart on his sleeve for Charlton, literally overcome with emotion when he scored for us

However, he was signed as a centre back and we converted him to a defensive midfielder.

As such he has his limitations and he also suffered by some addicks with the stigma of being part of our disastrous decline over the last 5 years culminating last season in some of the most dire football that I've seen in my 50 years of supporting Charlton.

Personally I wish him well; in the right team he is a good player, but that team isn't us and we are now playing with a fluent style in which he isn't missed as might have been expected.

Good luck for the season; I'd be very surprised if Jose scores against us, getting forward wasn't his thing.

Semedo, whoooaaaa

Semedo, whooooooaaaaaaa.

He comes from Portugal

He *****ing hate Millwal.

Can't say fairer!

A fair, well balanced assessment.

Semedo, whoooaaaa

Semedo, whooooooaaaaaaa.

He comes from Portugal

He *****ing hate Millwal.

Can't say fairer!

If you had said that with your first post you would have got better replies :biggrin:

One of the best players in league one. My personal player of the season "Mr Consistent".

Not playing in the most glamourous role so others may not notice but true lovers of football do.

...Forget the makelele role its semedos role now!

He's definitely in a group of about 4or5 for league1 player of season but let's be honest Rhodes will get it.