Jose Semedo

Guest Sheff Owl

Immense again.

This guy never stops running.

If he doesn't get the ball the first time, he continues to chase and pressure the player till he does.

He is strong to hold the opposition player off when he has the ball.

Even if/when he gets fouled he just gets back up, no moaning and get's on with it!!

IMO i know it might be early but certainly a contender for Player of the Year - without a doubt!!

For me Semedo is one player we can NOT leave out of the team!

Well done Jose - keep up the good work!

Fantastic game today cant believe Charlton let him go should have done everything they can to keep him with the performances so far

Guest scott_andrew_william

Makes a change having a good midfield. I'm just hoping a new striker is the last piece of the jigsaw, we always seem to have something missing, but if we can keep JJ fit, and get a striker in, then I think we should be good for the top four.

Agree with all of the above, both against County and a very good Sflaphorpe side today, Jose looked a class apart. He really is a classy player.

Towards the end of the match when we were coming under pressure and we needed to get and keep possesion, you just knew everytime Semedo got hold of the ball he wasn't going to lose it and the pressure would relent.

An outstanding signing, well done Gary in bringing him in.

Guest kimmy owl

First game for me this season due to work commitments and i have to say this guy is different gravy. his work off the ball is outstanding which is why he has the knack of been in the right place at the right time to break things up. also his distribution after is very calm and precise. it wouldnt suprise me if a few championship teams try a cheaky bid in january.

also i thought buxton had a excellent game today. solid at the back and always willing to go forward to provide an option

and lastly how good is it to hear someone in the dugout shouting and screaming encouragement to the boys. i was at the back of the north today and could hear him from start to finish

Guest charltonsam

Hi, charlton fan in peace here, just a few comments on semedo, he's a top lad his passion is top notch! But he is not technically gifted he fouls a lot and cannot play attacking football, and the majority of us fans believe he wouldn't be near the first team this season, would struggle to get near the bench, he has been a big part of our demise over the years and I haven't actually heard anybody say 'we miss semedo' cos our midfield is really strong, knowing our luck he'll score on monday! Good luck for the season (apart from against us)!

Hi, charlton fan in peace here, just a few comments on semedo, he's a top lad his passion is top notch! But he is not technically gifted he fouls a lot and cannot play attacking football, and the majority of us fans believe he wouldn't be near the first team this season, would struggle to get near the bench, he has been a big part of our demise over the years and I haven't actually heard anybody say 'we miss semedo' cos our midfield is really strong, knowing our luck he'll score on monday! Good luck for the season (apart from against us)!

*yawns*

So predictable.

After what you've just written, I so hope he does.

:laugh:

Well we've seen him enough this season to suggest that he would walk into most teams in this division.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Why do fans always do this?

Semedo won their player of the year last year and I have no doubt that they would have gladly kept him.

To suggest that Semedo is major part of their decline is farcical - the board, poo poo managers - may have something to do with Charlton's decline, oh and the fact that your fans got bored of finishing mid-table in the Prem under Curbishley.

Why do fans always do this?

Semedo won their player of the year last year and I have no doubt that they would have gladly kept him.

To suggest that Semedo is major part of their decline is farcical - the board, poo poo managers - may have something to do with Charlton's decline, oh and the fact that your fans got bored of finishing mid-table in the Prem under Curbishley.

He got offered a new contract as well didn't he? But turned Charlton and Braga down.

Guest charltonsam

:laugh:

Well we've seen him enough this season to suggest that he would walk into most teams in this division.

Well considering he was with us like 5 years or something, I think we've seen him a considerably more amount than u, making me laugh that your all jumping down my throat for an honest opinion which you obviously can't handle, he won player of the year because of his passion, crying when he scored and kissing the badge and what not, its also funny as not too long ago I read comments on here with all you lot moaning about him and how he does 'nothing but foul' football fans do make you laugh eh

Well considering he was with us like 5 years or something, I think we've seen him a considerably more amount than u, making me laugh that your all jumping down my throat for an honest opinion which you obviously can't handle, he won player of the year because of his passion, crying when he scored and kissing the badge and what not, its also funny as not too long ago I read comments on here with all you lot moaning about him and how he does 'nothing but foul' football fans do make you laugh eh

Well Clinton Morrison did all those things for us, so why didn't he get player of the year?

And there were about 2 posts from some fools on here saying all he does is foul