Madine was on the pitch today?

Guest Triplej2

Since when was he a big unit.

Just cause the guy as been used as a target man it doesnt mean he is a big unit .

Out of interest what makes you say he isnt a good finisher? cause after missing only 2 games since he as been with us iam struggling to think of the times he should of scored when he hasnt.

Of course he's a big unit, he needs more weights but he is a big unit but gets knocked off it like a girl and goes down easier than a tuppeny strumpet.

Of course he's a big unit, he needs more weights but he is a big unit but gets knocked off it like a girl and goes down easier than a tuppeny strumpet.

Nah Mellor is what you call a big unit and to be honest ive seen birds on a street corner put it about more than he ever will!

Guest Big Guns

:biggrin: Nah slatting a young kid for only scoring 2 in 3 is nit picking

nope he's got potential but needs to toughen up and improve on his finishing you lot are putting a lot on his young shoulders

Guest Triplej2

Nah Mellor is what you call a big unit and to be honest ive seen birds on a street corner put it about more than he ever will!

I hope he makes it, I really do. I just see a lot missing from his game, and to see him not putting himself about and getting stuck in or involved tells me his head's all wrong. As for girls putting it about on street corners - let me know where and I'll jump in t'motor :ph34r::biggrin:

nope he's got potential but needs to toughen up and improve on his finishing you lot are putting a lot on his young shoulders

Not at all i can see the guy as it in him to be a good player and for that iam prepared to forgive him the odd bad game here and there .

Its folk who question his ability for only scoring 2 in 3 that are putting "a lot on his young shoulders"

Guest Sheff Owl

Madine ain't never gonna get much praise until he dribbles it past 3 defenders and plants a screamer into the top corner.

Which we all know is never gonna happen!!

Guest Big Guns

Not at all i can see the guy as it in him to be a good player and for that iam prepared to forgive him the odd bad game here and there .

Its folk who question his ability for only scoring 2 in 3 that are putting "a lot on his young shoulders"

Well that's not me I'm going on wot I've seen last season ,and like I've said I hope he gets 30 and proves me wrong

Guest Big Guns

Good can i watch the darts now ....ive a lump on wade to beat lewis

Yep I'm watching darts and tipped wade to win from the start

So many posters on here love Madine,

He's obvioulsy got soke talent, he is also most likely told to play the role he plays, just waiting for a good ball,

I just never seem impressed by him, granted he scores when called upon but he has scuffed a few chances now,

My sarcy point was, he was pants today, fookim shuffle!!

And people make out its ok cus leeds are in the second division!! A striker should push, move and smash, the leeds squad we played today are fresh out the third division,

Madine will score 10 this season, not 20

So many posters on here love Madine,

He's obvioulsy got soke talent, he is also most likely told to play the role he plays, just waiting for a good ball,

I just never seem impressed by him, granted he scores when called upon but he has scuffed a few chances now,

My sarcy point was, he was pants today, fookim shuffle!!

And people make out its ok cus leeds are in the second division!! A striker should push, move and smash, the leeds squad we played today are fresh out the third division,

Madine will score 10 this season, not 20

Are you sayng he is a worse player than last season when he scored 18?

Guest bigblue

This thread is why we need at least two new forwards in. Madine's our sole hope at the moment, so unless he sores a hatrick every game he wants shooting for not trying hard enough. Maybe he didn't put himself about enough yesterday, but he's bound to have off days - he's human!

He needs the support of a top quality forward alongside him. (1) to play off, (2) to share the goal scoring burden, and (3) to learn from.

He also needs someone who is at around the same standard as him, pushing him for his shirt and as back-up when he's injured or even just needs resting.

I think Madine has the ability to average a goal every other game in L1, which is 20+ if he doesn't miss any. But I hope we bring enough quality in so that Megson can leave him out unless he's fully fit and on form.

Maybe we are overreacting a little People are saying our strikers are poo poo, are they really? Maybe they look bad because of lack or service. Our new midfield makes us tougher to beat but offers us zero creativity. If those that think the forwards aren't good enough are right, then that means we have to sign another 4 strikers? Unfortunately what we are seeing are the consequences of setting a team up to stop the opposition first. Things will get better the more we play together I'm sure and with a couple of additions we'll be fine.

Are you sayng he is a worse player than last season when he scored 18?

Im talking about league goals, i don't care about cup goals while we are in th third division.

Madine isn' going to get 20 league goals unless he is running at 50% atm and going to crank it up to 100% when the season starts,

I'm not an expert obviously so i don't know how good or bad he is but for me, he shouldn' be getting two touches all game, all the chances were JJ, Prutton, Jones, Reda etc why are they looking a bigger threat up front than Madine?

Why are our players taking shots rather than giving the ball to Madine? Why isn't he in a good position to get the ball?

Everyone on here has been split about him for months and months, some people persist he is top quality no matter what, like he is some kind of footballers footballer,

I want him to ge 20+ league goals but I just cannot see it...

I assume by this comment that you don't want mellor either then....??

Go on the BBC league one site, Madine is our only player on there and it's down to his Carlisle goals,

I only want Mellor if he is the best we can get which he may well be,

What i really want is somebody from the top scorers in the league to sign, Hoskins or someone like that, i'm shocked we haven't bought one of the top ten from the list,

Madine is aboyt 13th or something and has scored the same as Mellor, i think Mellor has the same but Madine is on just probs cus his name is higher in the alphebetic order,

I think Hoskins was the obvious choice,

Here is the list;

Mackail-Smith Peterborough 27

Murray Brighton 22

Lambert Southampton 21

Wright-Phillips Charlton 21

Barnes Brighton 18

Cureton Exeter 17

Hoskins Bristol Rovers 17

Jones Rochdale 17

Rhodes Huddersfield 16

Bowditch Yeovil 15