Madine was on the pitch today?

Guest Sheff Owl

Gary Madine might look like he don't give a poo poo but so did Mellor sometimes last season.

If they don't give a poo poo will Megson think 'oh he don't care/give a poo poo but i'll play him anyway?'

Madine wasn't great today and yes he needs to put himself about a little bit more, but you also have to look at the opposition - Championship defenders.

If he won every header, controlled every ball and made defenders look stupid would he be playing for us.

We know Madine is not Championship standard but how old is he 20?

For me this is pre season getting fit and ready for the real thing, not busting a gut, trying to win everything and maybe getting an injury.

We've not seen nothing to suggest he can score 20

Aside from him scoring 13 for Carlisle by January last season, plus whatever he went on to score for us...

He can't have been that far off 20, in a season where he was unsettled by moving clubs mid-season and being in a bit of bother with his community service thing.

He'll settle down, and he'll be good for us.

He's our most promising player at the club. Fair enough, Mellor would be a good signing for next season but he's not exactly long-term.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Guest Triplej2

I thought he was dreadful today. Weak as wee wee for a 6ft 4-er, looked disinterested which to me is one of the worst crimes in football and basically contributed f*ck all.

Who said he won loads of headers? I thought virtually every time he misjudged the flight of the ball (possibly deliberately).

I really don't think he's the one for us, from what I've heard he's played like that in a few games this pre season.

We want Mellor and a smaller nippy one.

Guest wilyfox

I've no worries over Madine; he'll come good if the service is there from our midfielders. he's scored twice in pre-season already and should be allowed an off game. to be fair, the supply from midfield wasn't great today which is why Madine and Amond struggled to make an impact this afternoon.

Guest Big Guns

I thought he was dreadful today. Weak as wee wee for a 6ft 4-er, looked disinterested which to me is one of the worst crimes in football and basically contributed f*ck all.

Who said he won loads of headers? I thought virtually every time he misjudged the flight of the ball (possibly deliberately).

I really don't think he's the one for us, from what I've heard he's played like that in a few games this pre season.

I agree with triplej2

He was average at best today I agree.

But the madine bashing is embarrassing. The lad was one of the shining points in the 2nd half of last season and that involved him playing up top on his own for weeks which is difficult with the pish poor service we give from midfield. Mellor probably benefitted from madine alongside him too.

Get rid and let's see a similar career to Grant Holt.

Guest britmod_owl

and if they get injured?

Madine will get us goals which is all thats needed. if he goes off the boil then someone will take his place, possibly mellor who knows. competition for places is whats needed and in 1 pre-season game he had a low impact, so what!

Guest Triplej2

and if they get injured?

Madine will get us goals which is all thats needed. if he goes off the boil then someone will take his place, possibly mellor who knows. competition for places is whats needed and in 1 pre-season game he had a low impact, so what!

I don't think he's gonna be what we need, he's looked disinterested a few times and just doesn't look like up to it. A big striker should hustle and bully and stay on his feet, I didn't see much of that and never really have to be honest. I'm pretty sure he's got attitude problems aswell.

Guest Big Guns

I hope he gets 30 but wot I so last season hes not a good finisher and gets knocked about too easy for a big unit

Guest Triplej2

I hope he gets 30 but wot I so last season hes not a good finisher and gets knocked about too easy for a big unit

It's like he ducks out of everything, not unlike Potter in that way, arriving too late or early or jumping for headers totally out of sync. I think his head's somewhere else and he can't quite get involved. maybe he needs a sports psychologist, He's 6 foot bleedin 4 and a young and fresh, summat's not right.

Reight old un not heard much from you lately. Hope you been tret well I'm the oaps home ,I've heard bad things about them places

They are not all that bad, at least they still wheel me down to Hillsborough on a Saturday, although they have threatened to start taking me down to the lane if I don't stop wetting my pants.

Guest Big Guns

They are not all that bad, at least they still wheel me down to Hillsborough on a Saturday, although they have threatened to start taking me down to the lane if I don't stop wetting my pants.

that's a reight incentive to keep dry lol

FFS how can you slate a player from "what ive heard"

Did you also hear that he had scored in 2 out of the 3 pre season games he had started..........

Guest totemowl

I don't think he's gonna be what we need, he's looked disinterested a few times and just doesn't look like up to it. A big striker should hustle and bully and stay on his feet, I didn't see much of that and never really have to be honest. I'm pretty sure he's got attitude problems aswell.

Mellor's bigger than Madine is and the same has and could be said of Mellor. Yet you want Mellor.

Is the grass greener on the other side by any chance?

Since when was he a big unit.

Just cause the guy as been used as a target man it doesnt mean he is a big unit .

Out of interest what makes you say he isnt a good finisher? cause after missing only 2 games since he as been with us iam struggling to think of the times he should of scored when he hasnt.

Guest Big Guns

Since when was he a big unit.

Just cause the guy as been used as a target man it doesnt mean he is a big unit .

Out of interest what makes you say he isnt a good finisher? cause after missing only 2 games since he as been with us iam struggling to think of the times he should of scored when he hasnt.

6.ft 4 that's a big unit unless your eight foot ,of my head simple header against walsal

Guest Triplej2

Mellor's bigger than Madine is and the same has and could be said of Mellor. Yet you want Mellor.

Is the grass greener on the other side by any chance?

Yes, I prefer mellor. I hope Madine has a good season, I just see some serious flaws.