Lewis Buxton

Guest UTO90

Guest UTO90

Why did we give him a new 2 year deal ?

See he missed the game tonight with an injury. Yes its only pre - season, but this lad spends half the season injured.

I was at Swindon away last December for his first game back after injury. 60 minutes gone and hes off injured again and we dont see him for weeks.

Just think we can do without players like this. You could put ur house on him being injured at least twice next season. Not what we need !

Utter rubbish, he played a good 30 league games last season and if you knew anything he is probably one of our best and most versatile defenders. We are lucky to have signed him on a two year deal considering many thought he would be a championship player next season. Megson himself praised him and said he is of championship standard.

Edited by OwlTheEnchanter

Guest UTO90

He's had a lot of injuries youl find. I personally don't rate him, gives alot of stupid fouls away, poor on the ball technically, and for a defender he doesn't like a tackle. football is a game of opinions though so we shall agree to disagree

He's had a lot of injuries youl find. I personally don't rate him, gives alot of stupid fouls away, poor on the ball technically, and for a defender he doesn't like a tackle. football is a game of opinions though so we shall agree to disagree

we all agree that you're a tool!

I think lots of people would disagree with you there. I think he put his body on the line for us at times last season and got stuck in and generally been the most improved player in his time here. Of course it's about opinions mate, so we shall see how he does next year.

Edited by OwlTheEnchanter

You're right...football is about opinions.

However, you are completely incorrect about Buxton.

Guest Sheff Owl

Buxton was one of our best players last season and fully deserved a starting place each week.

Also and fully deserved a new contract and i'm glad he signed.

Why did we give him a new 2 year deal ?

See he missed the game tonight with an injury. Yes its only pre - season, but this lad spends half the season injured.

I was at Swindon away last December for his first game back after injury. 60 minutes gone and hes off injured again and we dont see him for weeks.

Just think we can do without players like this. You could put ur house on him being injured at least twice next season. Not what we need !

He was our best defender for most of last season, and until last week was still our best left back.

He hardly missed a game in his first year andhalf with us. Then had a couple of niggling injuries last season, but still managed to play 30 odd games. He was also excellent last season, including at left back.

So basically you're wrong.

He hardly missed a game in his first year andhalf with us. Then had a couple of niggling injuries last season, but still managed to play 30 odd games. He was also excellent last season, including at left back.

So basically you're wrong.

This ^^^^

Guest pac-man

Season hasnt even started and the Buxton haters appear. Technically the best defender at the club

Edited by pac-man

a defender who can play right back, left back and centre back, and perform well in all three. our best defender last year. can tackle, gets forward, composed on the ball and never shirks a header.

misses a nothing game against some russians in pre season, and this appears.

the mentality of some wednesday fans is ridiculous at times.

Guest Big Guns

yep I agree he played ok last season and every one thinks he's a world beater

Guest BirdonaMaguire

He was our best and most consistent defender last season.

He picked up to thigh/hamstring injuries sadly which cost him and us.

Oh and if you think he's "injury prone" I cannot wait for your thread on Rob Jones

Guest Big Guns

He was our best and most consistent defender last season.

He picked up to thigh/hamstring injuries sadly which cost him and us.

Oh and if you think he's "injury prone" I cannot wait for your thread on Rob Jones

Yep but all that shows is how shocking our defense was