UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

Absolutely On Fire about this, Great News will make the few pints tonight a little sweeter, Cheers!!

Chew on that Charlton :biggrin:

If you look at Charlton they have lost Semedo and Racon and replaced them with Hollands and Alonso, not really that much difference. But we have strenghtened our midfield a lot already. I dont thin kCharlton will be the force everyone thinks. Of course Ill be wrong when they slam everyone all season long but they are signing lots, doesnt mean theyre automatically going to all gel or be a good promotion side. Lets not forget they had a similar season to us last year.

With what Megson has said about Semedo's signing being vital to the way we want to play I wonder if that means he'll now be able to give the final go-ahead for the other signings after getting the main cog signed up.

Perhaps if we couldn't get Semedo we would have been looking to play a slightly different style and wouldn't have needed another winger, for example.

Well chuffed with this signing. To get one of Megsons main targets as well as one of your main rivals captain and player of the season is a major coup. A big well done to Milan and Aldridge. Just goes to show what can be done, all free transfers so far but these can sometimes be the hardest to get but they have obviously sold the club to them very well. We shouldnt be getting pushed and bullied now with the likes of Jones,Prutton,Bennett and Semedo in the mix. Striker with pace and winger next and this team will really start to look a solid unit.

With what Megson has said about Semedo's signing being vital to the way we want to play I wonder if that means he'll now be able to give the final go-ahead for the other signings after getting the main cog signed up.

Perhaps if we couldn't get Semedo we would have been looking to play a slightly different style and wouldn't have needed another winger, for example.

I hope so. We look much stronger already compared to a couple of days ago with just Bennett and Semedo here. Hope they can fly Semedo straight to Austria. Lets not forget Crystal Palace were alledgedly interestested in Semedo as were Braga. Probably BS, but we will pretend it wasnt. lol

Edited by OwlTheEnchanter

I wonder if this is the point. Make all the effort to get the player that is pivotal, then go and get who you can to play off him afterwards.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Charlton are arseholes. Small club that think they're big. Face it, we took their POTS off them. Must be a reason? :laugh:

Cocky Charlton fans aren't fussed because they "have better": http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/41991/semedo-to-wednesday

Good for them.

I dont expect him to be playing killer passes and setting up goals. I expect him to break up attacks and pass it simple to somebody else on our team. I know thats what he is for and that is what he will do.

We have not had a player who can do that for years, we always have lightweights or midgets in midfield. I think Semedo alongside Prutton should give us 1000% more energy in midfield than we had last season. We just a creative attacking midfielder like Koumas now, oh and Dyer to sign.