UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

Well yes, 50 % of our fans think that & the other 50% think it's not enough to have a midfielder who normally passes the ball sideways or backwards and will only get you 1 goal a season if you're lucky.When you're at home to say Walsall and they have 11 men behind the ball, do you really need a very defensive midfield player ?

After a couple of seasons with us getting steadily worse, was Semedo part of the problem, no one really knows ?

Yes!

It's exactly that kind of attitude that is the reason why we had such a dismal season last season.

Every team needs balance and players like Semedo are vitally important to that.

Anybody who is capable of playing the defensive midfield role properly is worth their weight in gold. I have only ever seen Semedo play against us so I am assuming he can play it properly.

Most sides , and I include Charlton this coming season , will have somebody who sits in front of a back 4 to protect them and break up the opposition attacks. We have not had anybody who could play this role for years so we are probably a bit biased in getting excited at now having somebody who can do it.

However we are probably right to be because even at the highest level they are vital players. Barca never play without Busquets and Arsenal and Chelsea have not been the same since they lost Gilberto and Makelele . If he does the job for us that these players did for their team I will be happy.

By the way did Makelele ever score. One goal I think for Chelsea.

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Just noticed on the video of the Birmingham highlights, our defence was Tommy, Reda, Morrison and Reynolds. Oh feck!! Thank God we won't be seeing that again

We beat Welling away 3-0 yesterday. Morrison scored the 2nd & Green scored a 25 yarder for the 3rd. Morrison looked very solid, but it was only half a game against non league opposition. I'm hopeful he's better than Doherty and Dailly who are both well past their sell by date. Morrison looked very poor against Brum & all the time since you signed him. However, the Leicester fans all speak highly of him & Chris Powell obviously knows him well as they were together at Leicester.

I signed up on here as we seemed to be racing each other to the bottom. However, hopefully we have both now bottomed out and are going to start fighting our way back. Common ground as we seemed to be going for the same players.

Good luck for the season, hope we both get promoted.

Guest bartos

I've never understood why fans of opposing clubs (ours included) take the time to register n post on another clubs forum.

We beat Welling away 3-0 yesterday. Morrison scored the 2nd & Green scored a 25 yarder for the 3rd. Morrison looked very solid, but it was only half a game against non league opposition. I'm hopeful he's better than Doherty and Dailly who are both well past their sell by date. Morrison looked very poor against Brum & all the time since you signed him. However, the Leicester fans all speak highly of him & Chris Powell obviously knows him well as they were together at Leicester.

I signed up on here as we seemed to be racing each other to the bottom. However, hopefully we have both now bottomed out and are going to start fighting our way back. Common ground as we seemed to be going for the same players.

Good luck for the season, hope we both get promoted.

Like your pen name.....No unwanted babies there then :laugh:

There's a good interview with him on Player, he talks really well about wanting to have more success and stay here even longer than the 4 years he was at Charlton. When he says he wants to work hard for the team and to 'give love' back to the fans it didn't come across in the usual way that new signings always try and say the right things, he seemed genuinely heartfelt and you can tell he's a really determined character.

Also, someone get on the phone to football-rumours.co.uk, Semedo was best mates with Ronaldo when they were both at Sporting Lisbon, so perhaps he could be lined up as a replacement if we can't bring back Mellor.

There's a good interview with him on Player, he talks really well about wanting to have more success and stay here even longer than the 4 years he was at Charlton. When he says he wants to work hard for the team and to 'give love' back to the fans it didn't come across in the usual way that new signings always try and say the right things, he seemed genuinely heartfelt and you can tell he's a really determined character.

Also, someone get on the phone to football-rumours.co.uk, Semedo was best mates with Ronaldo when they were both at Sporting Lisbon, so perhaps he could be lined up as a replacement if we can't bring back Mellor.

laugh.gif 23 seconds in.

Guest Richard60

Just noticed on the video of the Birmingham highlights, our defence was Tommy, Reda, Morrison and Reynolds. Oh feck!! Thank God we won't be seeing that again