Chris Waddle, absolute legend!

Ah Salmon,

Certainly but some timber on have Waddle and Hirsty.

Don't blame em!

Far as i know the waddler is still turning out for sunday league football!!! It says a lot though how many of that team still live in sheffield. Sheridan, Hirst, Waddle, Agent Wilson and loads more from early-mid 90's Palmer ect......

Legend end of!!!!!!!

I'm just 40.....and sometimes think oh to be 10 years younger....but sod that I'd have missed Chris doing the step-over week in week out.....pasting left backs for fun & setting up endless goals. Not to mention the 40 yard pinpoint crossfield balls.......flip me how good was he when you really think about it!!!!

......& Alan Hansen every week on match of the day with his Scottish drawl....."CHRISSY WARDLE......"

Na I'll take being 40 all day to have seen that!!!

I'm 31 and was brought up on him and the rest of em....Roland, Hirst, Waddle......could go on and on....Remember 5-1 at Hillsboro against West Ham?? Arguablly his finnest hour and a half.

Bedders. Im 29 mate and remember all that clearly

I'm 31 and was brought up on him and the rest of em....Roland, Hirst, Waddle......could go on and on....Remember 5-1 at Hillsboro against West Ham?? Arguablly his finnest hour and a half.

Sorry guys should have made myself clearer.....to have seen that week in week out & then get to the pub with my mates for a few celebratory sherberts after! Ya can't have done that if ya 29 & 31? I was only about 21 when we signed him so if ive got 9 & 11 years on you both?

Sorry guys should have made myself clearer.....to have seen that week in week out & then get to the pub with my mates for a few celebratory sherberts after! Ya can't have done that if ya 29 & 31? I was only about 21 when we signed him so if ive got 9 & 11 years on you both?

Might of made park for a few......

Guest ™Goody™

Waddle follows his Son around now. Jack Waddle plays for Chesterfield academy. I played against him at the beginning of the season... ran rings round him... He's the captain for some reason too... :)

Guest Terry__Henfleet

Waddle for England.....can remember chanting that at the time, should have got a recall to the national side while playing for us.

Legend end of!!!!!!!

I'm just 40.....and sometimes think oh to be 10 years younger....but sod that I'd have missed Chris doing the step-over week in week out.....pasting left backs for fun & setting up endless goals. Not to mention the 40 yard pinpoint crossfield balls.......flip me how good was he when you really think about it!!!!

......& Alan Hansen every week on match of the day with his Scottish drawl....."CHRISSY WARDLE......"

I remember watching Match of The Day when we had drawn 1-1 at Middlesborough, I can't remember anything about the game other than Waddle getting brought down in the area, everyone in the ground and on MOTD knew it was a penalty, but the ref didn't give it, Alan Hansen on reviewing the incident said, "Chris Waddle running at you is the worst sight in football" I'll never forgt that quote as long as I live.

Admission time, I was in Goodison Park when Waddle made his debut for us, when he went off with Knee ligament damage I thought great, we've signed another crock, boy was I wrong, the best player I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest ™Goody™

I was being daft :). He is a "decent" player. I don't think he will make it Pro but good luck to the lad. He will definitely make a very good lower league player though.

Legend end of!!!!!!!

I'm 31 and can remember every step the great man took, it was a bit of a shok though growing up around that and then watching the demise!!!

Onwards and upwards though from now on......

Guest dade272

and theres another in the academy coming thru the ranks....AYO aka wonderman!

well spoken  ;-).... theres another lad that causing a stir with prem clubs in London london  he's names AYO, theres thermals on on y the lad on youtube..along with Hayden White and Camron Dawson...i think Sheffield Wednesday have finally found a trio of british youngster that will bring SWFC back to the prem.

check the thermals

5-0 - Who's the black player in the middle of the park with the fancy footwork? looks quality on the ball

Edited by Hack-Abusi

5-0 - Who's the black player in the middle of the park with the fancy footwork? looks quality on the ball

chris Bart-williams 

bought from lower league (maybe leyton orient?) for not very much.  shows how strong we were that he never quite broke through in the first few years, even though he always made an impression, be from the bench, or when covering injuries suspensions, 

remember playing southampton last (home) game of season in prem, we had ten internationals sat in the stands watching.

an we battered them 5-2 bart-man was awesome, MOM & scored a hat-trick if memory serves me right.

went to Forest an was a good player for them for a fair few years, now coaching in the USA.

Waddle follows his Son around now. Jack Waddle plays for Chesterfield academy. I played against him at the beginning of the season... ran rings round him... He's the captain for some reason too... :)

He's a good lad Jack, John Sheridan's lad is doing well too.

Chris played in my dad's over 40/45s league in the Wragg League for past few years for HSBC Vets (I think) until this season when he went to Hallam.

He still has flashes of genius. The body might tire but the brain still has it.

chris Bart-williams 

bought from lower league (maybe leyton orient?) for not very much.  shows how strong we were that he never quite broke through in the first few years, even though he always made an impression, be from the bench, or when covering injuries suspensions, 

remember playing southampton last (home) game of season in prem, we had ten internationals sat in the stands watching.

an we battered them 5-2 bart-man was awesome, MOM & scored a hat-trick if memory serves me right.

went to Forest an was a good player for them for a fair few years, now coaching in the USA.

Via Malta! He was playing and coaching out there for a few years. Bless him.