Guest dn12owl

The legend that is John Sheridan. One day John will return to Hillsborough and make us great again.

John Sheridan was my idol, was the main reason i watched wednesday early 90s, apart from the fact we were awseome then.

games wernt the same when sherri didnt play.

when he came back with Oldham as a player i new hed score a pen.The way he showed respect by standing head bowed infront of the kop after scoring was a very emotional moment for me.

John Sheridan was my idol, was the main reason i watched wednesday early 90s, apart from the fact we were awseome then.

games wernt the same when sherri didnt play.

when he came back with Oldham as a player i new hed score a pen.The way he showed respect by standing head bowed infront of the kop after scoring was a very emotional moment for me.

i remember that and the ovation he got from the wednesday fans when he left the pitch.

Guest 03 owl

Voted the best Midfield player of his generation by fellow professional footballers.

What a player, had everything you want from a center midfielder.

"He never smiled" - how Clough explained why he never played Sheridan. Once he did, he won MOM.

If only someone would put on our goal against Southampton at The Dell from 1:0 win back in 95/96 :sad:

Edited by malek

Guest totemowl

The legend that is John Sheridan. One day John will return to Hillsborough and make us great again.

We really don't need to wait for him to be great again. in any case, bit unfair to place such a burden on any manager's shoulders, never mind one who has only managed in L1 and L2.

Guest BigDave

I remember Blades at school telling me Glynn hodges was better than Sheridan. It usually followed them saying Brian Deane was better than David Hirst. God, they've always been annoying.

And the delusional tramps actually believed it :rolleyes:

Sheridan's first ever Wednesday goal, and what a goal, the piggies have never had a player as good as this.

I am the staunchest Wednesday fan you will ever meet but I have to admit that if you are judging them on pure football ability Tony Currie was far better than John Sheridan. Sorry to break the bad news! :ph34r: