Jose Semedo

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

FanhousePercy John Percy

#swfc looking at Jose Semedo, available on a free after leaving #Charlton. No new news on Danny Green, but 2 Champs clubs interested #owls

At least he was a regular for Barnsley. Defender og defensive midfielder according to wiki.

Never, ever heard of the guy, though.

Runner up for their player of the year 2009/2010 too. But according to GM we're only signing British players.

Edited by Shezza

FanhousePercy John Percy

#swfc looking at Jose Semedo, available on a free after leaving #Charlton. No new news on Danny Green, but 2 Champs clubs interested #owls

Ha ha ha you beat me to it mate, he's usually quite reliable is Percy

He's portugeuse, is 6'2 and plays central defensive mid, he's rated 64 on FIFA, and I bought him for my league 1 ultimate team, but I don't play him cause he is portugeuse and has low chemistry with the rest of my squad which is mostly english, he's a rare shiny though, so they are usually the better players... lol hope that helps

Can someone please tell me who the heck fanhouse percy is please?

He's a foot journo on a site calked Fanhouse and twitter, he's quite reliable, obviously not 100% but he tweeted most of our signings last season sometimes a day or two before any announcements

Guest Sheff Owl

Midfielder Jose Semedo was crowned Charlton's 2010/11 player of the year on Sunday night.

The Portuguese powerhouse collected his prize in front of of his teammates and hundreds of supporters at the club's annual dinner at The Valley, having claimed almost half of the votes in the fans' poll.

Runner-up Johnnie Jackson earned 23 per cent of the vote, with goalkeeper Rob Elliot in third with 11 per cent.

But Semedo, who was recently named the club's captain in the absence of the suspended Christian Dailly, was the clear winner with 43 per cent.

After taking the armband from Dailly, Semedo also took the player of the year trophy from the centre-half, who was named the player of the 2009/10 season 12 months ago.

The 26-year-old engine-roomer was pipped to the main prize on that occasion, but after a series of whole-hearted displays in the centre of the pitch during a disappointing League One campaign for the Addicks, Semedo will now see his name added to a long list of club greats.

Semedo arrived in England from Sportng Clube de Portugal under former manager Alan Pardew in summer 2007 following Charlton's relegation from the Premier League, and he scored only his second goal in almost four years when he netted in the 3-1 Valley win against Leyton Orient in early April.

Speaking after the game, the midfield enforcer dedicated his goal to the club's supporters, saying: "I cannot explain how that goal felt. It was too emotional.

"It meant a lot because of all the love the Charlton fans have given to me. I'm happy that we won the game, but to score here is something I can't explain - it was all for them, the fans. That goal was for them."

The winner of the Charlton Athletic Disabled Supporters' Association (CADSA) player of the year award was also Semedo, while the young player of the year trophy, as selected by the club's management team, was Callum Harriott.

He's portugeuse, is 6'2 and plays central defensive mid, he's rated 64 on FIFA, and I bought him for my league 1 ultimate team, but I don't play him cause he is portugeuse and has low chemistry with the rest of my squad which is mostly english, he's a rare shiny though, so they are usually the better players... lol hope that helps

have a look at Reynolds, I purchased him for my Owls ultimate team. can't remember 100% but I believe he is gold, rated 74 lol.

Guest Sheff Owl

Seems like he is in demand too...apparently Crystal Palace are being linked with him.

Just looked on a Palace forum and they think he would be a brilliant signing.