The nightmare is over

The nightmare is over...twice! First the threat of relgation has gone, second the nightmare of the last 12 years is, at long last, over. I believe we have suffered more tribulation and heartache than ANY other fans over the last 12 years.

1. Relegated from the PL at exactly the wrong time, just before the big money and parachute payments started.

2. Turbulence and apathy by those in charge resulting in declining revenue leading to signing 4th division players.

3. Spiral of decline on and off the pitch.

4. The appearance of actively discouraging loyal fans (this is putting it mildly!)

5. 2007 floods at our beloved Hillsborough.

6. A moment of hope in 2005 which was cruelly dashed in subsequent seasons.

7. A succession of managers not up to the job, even taking into account the constraints.

8. Takeovers being heralded several times and failing miserably.

9. Another relegation in 2010 with a team quite capable of survival.

10. The club coming within hours of disappearing altogether.

11. Even after our saviour MM appeared the expected bounce didn't appear.

12. Frozen pipes! Unbelievable

13. A change of manager, and the usual momentum failed to arrive and we plunged down the league to stare Div 4 in the face.

For these 13 reasons and more, the last 12 years have been miserable, but MM and gary megson have proven ability in these situations, and they are putting together the right people and procedures to move the club forward. The fans have been remarkable, now is the time to show that loyalty once again, and this time with optimism, by getting a season ticket for the real start of our revival next season.

"Let the nightmare begin"?? Well, what has made these last 12 years even worse is that we've had to put up with United supporters gloating and laughing. They were entitled to because, although I hate to say it, they have been the better run club and had the better team all this time. The last few seasons they've even had bigger crowds! Well, "it's today,dad", the tide turns now so "Let the nightmare begin...at the Lane"

Guest phshaw

The nightmare is over...twice! First the threat of relgation has gone, second the nightmare of the last 12 years is, at long last, over. I believe we have suffered more tribulation and heartache than ANY other fans over the last 12 years.

1. Relegated from the PL at exactly the wrong time, just before the big money and parachute payments started.

2. Turbulence and apathy by those in charge resulting in declining revenue leading to signing 4th division players.

3. Spiral of decline on and off the pitch.

4. The appearance of actively discouraging loyal fans (this is putting it mildly!)

5. 2007 floods at our beloved Hillsborough.

6. A moment of hope in 2005 which was cruelly dashed in subsequent seasons.

7. A succession of managers not up to the job, even taking into account the constraints.

8. Takeovers being heralded several times and failing miserably.

9. Another relegation in 2010 with a team quite capable of survival.

10. The club coming within hours of disappearing altogether.

11. Even after our saviour MM appeared the expected bounce didn't appear.

12. Frozen pipes! Unbelievable

13. A change of manager, and the usual momentum failed to arrive and we plunged down the league to stare Div 4 in the face.

For these 13 reasons and more, the last 12 years have been miserable, but MM and gary megson have proven ability in these situations, and they are putting together the right people and procedures to move the club forward. The fans have been remarkable, now is the time to show that loyalty once again, and this time with optimism, by getting a season ticket for the real start of our revival next season.

"Let the nightmare begin"?? Well, what has made these last 12 years even worse is that we've had to put up with United supporters gloating and laughing. They were entitled to because, although I hate to say it, they have been the better run club and had the better team all this time. The last few seasons they've even had bigger crowds! Well, "it's today,dad", the tide turns now so "Let the nightmare begin...at the Lane"

Well said, pretty much sums up the torture!

Guest christheowl

Wimbledon

Luton

Bradford

Scarborough

Chester

Stockport

In the terms of having it bad I would agree with you, but non of them teams get between 15-20,000 fans in the ground every home game ! with the fans we have, I really dont get how we have endured these last 12 years ! how was the financial situation not sorted when you have 20K coming through the gate every week !

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

The difference being that they should be debt free in 3 years (not like 13 years for us). In addition, SUFC have a good Youth policy which has on a consistent basis brought through talented individuals (like for example Naugton, Walker, Jagielka, etc etc). This is something which needs addressing at our club, as I cannot remember the last time ( if ever?) we brought through a 'highly' talented young player.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Liverpool? Seems every week those poor fans have some nightmare to deal with!!

Arsenal too, think it was Martin Tyler last week who said it's not easy being an Arsenal supporter, as the camera panned around the stadium to fans almost in tears because they couldn't find a winning goal against Blackburn.

My heart bled a little bit for them.

The difference being that they should be debt free in 3 years (not like 13 years for us). In addition, SUFC have a good Youth policy which has on a consistent basis brought through talented individuals (like for example Naugton, Walker, Jagielka, etc etc). This is something which needs addressing at our club, as I cannot remember the last time ( if ever?) we brought through a 'highly' talented young player.

I doubt it, they won't have planned for league 1 when they came out with that statement. There will be a big shortfall for them just like we had. The crowds will go down, they don't even make that much from gate receipts anyway, and they can't exactly put the prices up.

They need outside investment massively.

Can't argue with their quality academy though.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I doubt it, they won't have planned for league 1 when they came out with that statement. There will be a big shortfall for them just like we had. The crowds will go down, they don't even make that much from gate receipts anyway, and they can't exactly put the prices up.

They need outside investment massively.

Can't argue with their quality academy though.

Fair comment!