David Hirst Weighs In

That goal against Villa, first game of the season, when we'd just won promotion...!

:wub:

FFS

he did one at newcastle ages before that, a carbon copy.

I flipping love the old boys like Hirsty, Sheridan and co. These fookheads we've got now wouldn't even be fit to clean there boots.

Abso-fookin'-lutely

I wouldn't let the cnuts suck his laces clean...!

All Hirstys' goals were amazing, i agree totally about the goal v Villa = orgasmic indeed lol

How about his header v Kaiserslautern sliding on one knee near post side of the penalty spot, flicking it deftly past the despairing keeper and in off the far post!

Or his3rd or 4th v Hull City where he volleys in at the far post, and with his follow through knocked the Hull defender out cold!

Remember Sir Bobby Robson replying when asked who would replace Lineker as England Striker, he replied "The question should be, who will partner David Hirst!", not forgetting that the competition at the time was Shearer, Sheringham, and Ian Wright!!!

HIrsty, Awsome, Unstoppable (well unless you count Boulds Hatchet job), and i doubt i'll ever see the like ever, anywhere!

Guest Big Guns

I sat next to David in Bogarts this afternoon.

He's looking much trimmer ('excuse the pun) these days.

Bogarts, the barber's of legends.

what did he have done did he just have a trim,i bet he got the sexiest bird washing his mop

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I idolised Hirst when I was growing up. He is a true wednesday legend.If only we had a player of his calibre amongst our ranks, today. He had everything, pace, strength, desire, he could shoot and he could also head a ball. I think he has made some valuable comments in this article and if anyone can express them it is someone of Hirsty's ilk. He was different class for our club in the 11 years he served us. Thanks for the memories!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest spanish owl

he did one at newcastle ages before that, a carbon copy.

No at newcastle it was much better & further out! we also won & sent newcastle down if i remember right! Dean Barrick scored his first career goal & nigel person scored the other!