Reynolds & Madine Sign

Would have prefered a pacy striker. Heff and this Madine chap seem fairly similar. Could have done with a fast striker as now we have Morisson, Mellor, Madine and Heff.. not loads of pace there.

Heff is 5'9" and mobile intelligent "fox in the box" type and this lad is described as the new "Andy Carroll", I don't see it?

Guest carlisle_blue

Bags of potential for Madine. He already has size, pace & scoring goals this season (yes 4 of them against Tipton)

Pace is something he hasn't got!

Reading apparently offered £1million in October 2010; so we got him cheap? long deal 4.5 years-lets hope he is good. he's highly rated anyway

Not true. We had 1 bids between 200-250k including all the usual add ons before xmas, none were from a championship club. We have only ever had firm interest from league 1 sides. Carlisle fans were hoping he would have been sold for this as this was seen as a great deal for the club and he has far too many problems off the pitch

Jesus Christ mate! :angry:

Not as if we were the only club looking at him.

Carslisle fans are dicks, I remember them slagging off Danny Graham when he left them.

TbagMcgraw, I do like your avatar of Madine from his infamous kavos trip. yikes

We thought Graham was a good stirker but he had a fall out with someone at the club so for his last 10 games he had no heart or desire to play for the club which is why people slagged him off. He knew he was leaving but had to wait for a deal to be struck with a club. We got 250k for him which looking back now was a bargin for watford when you compare it to this deal!

It's no way 800k straight up. Will most likely be about 200K plus add on's. Bit surprised with the 4 and a half year deal though. Long contract for a 20 year old league 1 player.

According to a cufc board member (who would not give exact figures) it is around to 400-500k upfront this season. Plus additional money every 25 games he plays plus extra if you get promoted within 3 seasons. We have a big sell on clause as well.

As said before we've lost some players who you really don't want to lose even for millions e.g. garner, graham, clayton etc but since the end of last season people have been wishing a club would come in for madine as his attitude is awful and seems to be highly overated.

For the lads sake I hope Irving has the ability to mould him into a good striker and change his attitude. I'm sure for the 1st few weeks he'll give you 110%, I hope he can keep that up for you and he maybe just needs a change of scenery as he's banned from most pubs in carlisle lol.

Good luck and hope you get promoted and madine comes good and makes a big money move to the premiership as if both happen we'll be in for another windfall ;-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347178/Steven-Pienaar-snubs-Chelsea--The-Insider.html

Scroll down the page a bit.

article-1347178-0CC271E4000005DC-966_306x454.jpg

Described by many as the 'next Duncan Ferguson', Madine is 6ft 5ins tall and, despite being just 20, has played in every division except the Premier League due to a trio of loan spells at Coventry, Chesterfield and Rochdale.

Although he has a troublesome reputation, he is fast emerging as a centre forward of some repute with his ability catching the eye of many top scouts.

He may not be ready for the Premier League just yet but Middlesbrough are among a few clubs willing to take him in the Championship. Whether they can afford him is another matter.

Newcastle and Reading have also pondered moves and Carlisle will be looking for around £1m if they can get it. Madine has scored 13 goals in 26 games this season

Edited by BIG D