Chris Waddle

Guest Woz1867

That still holds the record for the hardest recorded shot in football! :ohmy:

Hirsty hit the post and i believe its the third hardest shot, but at the time it was the hardest.

Hirsty hit the post and i believe its the third hardest shot, but at the time it was the hardest.

Hit the crossbar and nearly snapped it

Glad Hirsty has been introduced to this thread because along with the imperious Waddle and mesmeric PDC they make up the trio that is by far my favourite ever Wednesday players

Interesting to see the contempt which many Wednesday fans hold Mark Bright though - especially alongside the reverance reserved for most of his team mates

Hit the crossbar and nearly snapped it

Glad Hirsty has been introduced to this thread because along with the imperious Waddle and mesmeric PDC they make up the trio that is by far my favourite ever Wednesday players

Interesting to see the contempt which many Wednesday fans hold Mark Bright though - especially alongside the reverance reserved for most of his team mates

One of the most underrated players in that Era ..... and one of my all time favourites .

Not many centre halfs got the better of Brighty

One of the most underrated players in that Era ..... and one of my all time favourites .

Not many centre halfs got the better of Brighty

Agreed - as i said in the thread about Bright - gave me a couple of my greatest moments ever by scoring in 2 semi finals - one being the winner against the pigs that took us to the FA Cup final - how the **** can fans not be appreciative of that?

Against Arsenal at Highbury?

Yep

What was said?

Basically he repeatedly said stuff like he didn't really think Beckham was worth a 100 caps (without saying it directly) and there were far more players in history that deserved more caps for England, etc. etc. Whilst I didn't disagree with his sentiment for the latter part (he especially deserved more caps) there's a time and place for such comments IMO.