Chris Waddle

Guest Woz1867

maybe, maybe not but we sure as hell played extremely attractive passing football all over the park. At the time we looked like Brasil compared to other teams in the Prem.

Granted! We did ping the ball around the park with direct passing but the cutting edge came from Waddle in an around the 18 yard box.

I would like to see his record of assists during his time playing in the blue n white

Guest gringo69

A rare example of a true footballing genius with a unique style, that I have been honoured to see play in the blue and white stripes.

Just hope my lad (5) witnesses an equivalent in the next 10 years.

World class.

Guest WaddleIsALegend

Good Stuff.

For me Waddle was the greatest player I have ever seen play live (never seen messi but heard hes alright aswell :st2: ).

Always remember the Waddle for England chants.

Forget Di Canio, Carbone - Waddle was the best player i've seen in an owls shirt, and I hate to say it, that includes Hirst, Nillson, Sheridan, Walker, Sterland, Marwood, Palmer all of whom I would also call legends for us. Pressman too, but keepers can't be rated the same as outfield players!

I don't have a signed SUFC photo, but I have another which I own and it means a lot to me......

My sister used to have a french penpal, who sent over a picture of Waddle whilst in a Marseille shirt, taking a corner.

I remember going up to him in a signing thing at ponds forge once, him and Chris Woods had been roped into. I showed him the picture, and he made me get my sister to come and talk to him about the picture. She was hooked ever since and bought a season ticket (or rather got our dad to buy it) she's been an Owl ever since, thanks to Chris Waddle taking an interest in an old photo of him and her penpal.

A legend on AND off the pitch in my eyes!

Unfortunately, after 20 years of decline, with no prospect of an upturn in fortunes, I honestly do not think I will ever see a team like that of the early 90's. I really do question why anyone under the age of 25 goes, given they have never seen anything other than the belt fed poo we have been served up in recent years. Then again, I question why I bother most Saturday afternoons, come 5pm!

Unfortunately, after 20 years of decline, with no prospect of an upturn in fortunes, I honestly do not think I will ever see a team like that of the early 90's. I really do question why anyone under the age of 25 goes, given they have never seen anything other than the belt fed poo we have been served up in recent years. Then again, I question why I bother most Saturday afternoons, come 5pm!

I'm spoilt, as must you be from what I gather. I saw the team that Atkinson put together, and what Francis improved upon.

However, I disagree with you.

If you were right, then answer me this: Why do SUFC have any fans at all? What the hell have they EVER seen?

seriuosly, they get dished up poo decade after decade with hardly a single flash of brilliance a year!!!

my favourite ever player, i idolised him when i was growing up, i used to captain my local side at the end of the season we all went to hillsbourgh vs citeh i think we drew 2.2, the manager presented me with a framed sign waddle picture, i was bloody elated...sadly i smashed it 2 years ago then lost it moving house..where can i find a signed picture, anyone know.

Absolute f@ckin legend and feel sorry for any Wednesday fan too young to have seen him in the blue and white.

However i think Grimbarian is being kind when he says he comes across as a smidge bitter as a pundit............................................................he actually comes across as a downright miserable bugger.

I was driving back late from somewhere one friday night listening to five live and they were talking to the Waddler who was somewhere in europe on the eve of an England international.

The guys in the studio were trying to get news and some insight from him ahead of the game and his monosyllabic answers and lack of enthusism were appalling.

He only perked up a little when Colin Murray half jokingly and half seriously told him that if getting paid to travel abroad and watch his country was too much of a chore then there would be a queue of thousands willing to take his place.

Thankfully us Owls have got the tapes and memories of him in his prime doing the day job!!!

If you wanna see him perk up a bit try it on with his daughter that did the trick with a Grunter in the Hammer and Pincers, or was it Waggon and Horses !

We wasnt that creative back then without Waddle tbh

It was a case of give the ball to Waddle let's watch him play

Come on get your memory cells working Nilsson and Shez could play blindfolded ! The results did n't always go our way but Hirstys goal v Villa. Palmers hat trick. Hirst hitting bar v Arsenal, the cross bar was still vibrating when Arsenal equalised. lol

Come on get your memory cells working Nilsson and Shez could play blindfolded ! The results did n't always go our way but Hirstys goal v Villa. Palmers hat trick. Hirst hitting bar v Arsenal, the cross bar was still vibrating when Arsenal equalised. lol

That still holds the record for the hardest recorded shot in football! :ohmy:

Absolute f@ckin legend and feel sorry for any Wednesday fan too young to have seen him in the blue and white.

However i think Grimbarian is being kind when he says he comes across as a smidge bitter as a pundit............................................................he actually comes across as a downright miserable bugger.

I was driving back late from somewhere one friday night listening to five live and they were talking to the Waddler who was somewhere in europe on the eve of an England international.

The guys in the studio were trying to get news and some insight from him ahead of the game and his monosyllabic answers and lack of enthusism were appalling.

He only perked up a little when Colin Murray half jokingly and half seriously told him that if getting paid to travel abroad and watch his country was too much of a chore then there would be a queue of thousands willing to take his place.

Thankfully us Owls have got the tapes and memories of him in his prime doing the day job!!!

It has been good while since I read his biography, but I seem to remember reading that he was a sausage maker before turning pro! **** his moribund punditry, the man/the legend let his feet do the talking!