Sturrock Signs Barry Corr and Peter Gilbert

Paul Sturrock delight at signing duo for Southend United

SOUTHEND United manager Paul Sturrock has expressed his delight at signing Peter Gilbert and Barry Corr.

“Both players are winners who have tasted success already in their careers,” said Sturrock.

My link

Could they have done a job for us? Erm...............no.

SOUTHEND United manager Paul Sturrock has expressed his delight at signing Peter Gilbert and Barry Corr.

“Both players are winners who have tasted success already in their careers,” said Sturrock.

My link

He has lost the plot, two of the worst players I have seen in a Wednesday shirt. He will definitely take them down!

Guest Walkley_Owl

oh dear.

He took them to swindon aswell didn't he? He likes to keep the same bunch of players together does luggy.

JP and lee peacock next.

No way will McGovern drop a league

Gilbert is a decent full back at league 1 level.....I'm glad he's got himself a contract- he always gave 100%- good defender- even though he looked awkward with the ball.

Not sure about Corr though, he was mostly injured for us so maybe we didn't see his best.......(I'm trying to be open minded)

I think Corr did well at Swindon for Luggy.

But surely some of his faves are past their best now even at a lower level, Gilbert could hardly move after his injury.

Having said that Southend need players in fast and it would make sense to go for people youve worked with.

I still remember the days in the champ season with Barry Corr up front away as a target man.. :huh:

Guest aj_owl

Gilbert is a decent full back at league 1 level.....I'm glad he's got himself a contract- he always gave 100%- good defender- even though he looked awkward with the ball.

You have got to be joking, on a par with Beswetherick. Terrible player with a terrible attitude.

My link

Barry Corr is a walking liability....I saw him at Exeter last year where he came on as sub for the mighty City, he spent ten aimless minitues wandering around lashing out at anyone within reach and then got sent off, ....could he do a job for us....my God

In all honesty when we signed Gilbert initially he put in some solid defensive displays. Offered very little going forward but he was reliable defending.

Wasn't up to much after his return from the injuries granted and people have a dislike for him after the Plymouth interest and situation that followed.

As for Corr, it felt like supporting the underdog in wanting him to do well for us. Absolutely zero goal threat, in fact I remember at the time, a good few games into his spell with us, he'd still only managed one shot on target, a weak one at that.