Photo
* * * * - 22 votes

Who did what?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1775 replies to this topic

#801 Grandad

Grandad

Club Apologist and Happy Clapper

• Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

And Lee, don't worry about crooks and charlatans, we've run this process this week through both the advisory and legal groups you appointed.

Enjoy the sabbatical and good luck with the job search.

Is there really only me who finds this blokes posts as appealing as a night out with Cardiff Owl?

#802 southportdc

southportdc

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,643 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

A few weeks ago Bills was on BladesMad garnering support, yet now he's involved in a 'takeover' (his word) of Wednesday?

Even if that is true, it's hugely worrying.

#803 LaminyPie

LaminyPie

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,708 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

Is there really only me who finds this blokes posts as appealing as a night out with Cardiff Owl?

i'd rather have a night out with Cardiff

#804 the_who

the_who

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

So are you and your associates pursuing your interest then, or are you stepping aside for Mark C's contacts?

If mark C's contacts include peter storrie (as stated somewhere in this thread) then bills should not step aside if he is serious. we dont want storrie anywhere near the club

#805 goh

goh

First Team Player

• Sheffield Wednesday Manager
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hes a c*** of the highest order and I wish he would f*** off

And Bills is a t**t and all

#806 marshy

marshy

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

Hey, don't diss the Bills, he's talking to Daz you know :biggrin:

#807 Gerinako

Gerinako

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,303 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

I always thought a night out with cardiffowl would be delightful!

billsaja on the other hand...
I said in a post last week I was just waiting for the poo poo storm to appear as he'd re-appeared.

Lo & behold...here it is

#808 markowl

markowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

i'd rather have a night out with Cardiff

I'd rather have a night of passion with Cardiffowl :ph34r:

#809 marshy

marshy

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

It's approx 8.30am in Philli & he's got an important meeting today with money men, yet he's got time to post on owlstalk when he should be tucking into his corn flakes or getting ready to talk the talk which might save our club.

For the record I don't know this guy & I ain't one to judge, it's each to their own, but I smell bull poo .

Edited by marshy, 19 May 2010 - 12:40 PM.

#810 Just_Donny

Just_Donny

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

Please, when even Lee confirms the conversation (which took place, as repeatedly stated, in May) you look increasingly silly accusing me of lying defending someone who has, themselves, disclosed it was the truth.

Lee is a big boy, he can defend himself (as he has shown), and he was honest enough to relate the call pretty much as happened with regards to what was said - he said "bonus and sweat equity" but the ethos was the same, and as I have said many times, my response to him was "more than fair".

May 14th at 5.07 GMT was when that call took place. Again, best when discussing a call between two parties, to let the two parties speak for themselves, and you'll find that Lee and I both say the same thing there about both the timing and content of the call.

So, in short, not "another" lie - if you can perhaps find one lie I have told, that would be great.

And Lee, don't worry about crooks and charlatans, we've run this process this week through both the advisory and legal groups you appointed.

You said he only gets the sweetner with C9S which is why he wouldn't accept your help ie Morningside. You then said the conversation with LS was in May, so at least 4 months before C9S were even involved = LIE.

Posted Image

#811 RichSheffWeds

RichSheffWeds

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

I just wish that bills would stop posting on here for the time being IF he is really assisting with finding finances.

Not appropriate or professional.

The truth about whether it's bull or not will become clear soon enough.

Anything else is just fanning the self publicity flame which is wholly unnecessary if this is genuine.

#812 Handball_!!

Handball_!!

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

Lee met Mark in a cafe.

Mark forgot to mention that his brother in law was involved in the the deal.

Bills told lies Lee.

Daz now working with Mark and Bills.

Lee is still God in some peoples eyes.

Very complex posts that difficult to summarise.

Not God, just someone who's fronted up and tried to do something possitive for the club - I know you could argue that he's failed - but like I say he's fronted up and actually tried, I don't remember their being a MASSIVE queue for the job when he took it.

It's obvious he tried his very best, I can't knock him for that.

#813 RobHowe

RobHowe

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,468 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

If mark C's contacts include peter storrie (as stated somewhere in this thread) then bills should not step aside if he is serious. we dont want storrie anywhere near the club

That anyone thinks we, above all the other clubs in this country, are going to find a valiant and honourable knight in shining armour amongst the vultures that continue to circle English football amazes me.

Investment - along the lines that we appear to be looking for - has never been and never will be the answer.

Are we really prepared to sell our club's soul for a few million?

Once it's gone, and like so many clubs in this country that have 'benefited' from external investment, we'll be nothing more than a play thing.

And then what happens when the money runs out - which it will - and the 'investors' want their money out?

There are several Premier League clubs whose accounts state they would not be solvent without the support of their owners. And don't forget that the total debt of the Premier League's clubs in 2008-09, monies owed to both the banks and the club's owners, was £2.9bn.

#814 steelowl

steelowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,042 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

I just wish that bills would stop posting on here for the time being IF he is really assisting with finding finances.

Anything else is just fanning the self publicity flame which is wholly unnecessary if this is genuine.

*cough again* :rolleyes:

#815 theowlsman

theowlsman

Bored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,597 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

Grandad, I'm sure you know what my opinion of the bills is

#816 M Royds

M Royds

Mrs Slocombe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,211 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

You could always put him on ignore. If you dare, that is?

#817 RobHowe

RobHowe

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,468 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

How many genuine £multi-million business deals are negotiated and dealt with over the pages of an internet forum? :rolleyes:

#818 markowl

markowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

*cough again* :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#819 vontemp

vontemp

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

Cardiff is a motherrumblein' P.I.M.P, you would be happy just to have a pop on his cast-offs.

I bet he's like Peter Stringfellow on a night out.

#820 markowl

markowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

You could always put him on ignore. If you dare, that is?

Everyone's got their right to an opinion haven't they?

It's what you've been spouting for months on here.

#821 M Royds

M Royds

Mrs Slocombe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,211 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Not God, just someone who's fronted up and tried to do something possitive for the club - I know you could argue that he's failed - but like I say he's fronted up and actually tried, I don't remember their being a MASSIVE queue for the job when he took it.

It's obvious he tried his very best, I can't knock him for that.

Posted Image

#822 billsaja

billsaja

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

So are you and your associates pursuing your interest then, or are you stepping aside for Mark C's contacts?

Once the full commitments are made (and the club's advisors and lawyers agree to this strategy) we'll discuss maturely with ALL the interested parties (and now there are other very credible groups, not just the ones disclosed on this Board)) and see what is best for the CLUB - whether that be some consortium or just plowing ahead with individual groups.

I am at the airport now, killing time before my flight, and wasn't going to post but some of the stuff this morning - the former CEO of Umbro and a partner at a reputable Private Equity firm somehow involved with "crooks and charlatans" - please, give it a rest Lee! - is just beyond silly. As people are apparently allowed to post to defend their reputations, I just wanted to clarify that when I am accused of "lying" I will respond accordingly, and this constant attempt to smear anyone not called Club9 (who are not exactly strangers to a courtroom themselves) as "crooks" is just pathetic, frankly.

Fact is that a major block to investment is now removed, so here's hoping it can happen.

#823 Dark$ide

Dark$ide

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts

Anyone would think we were a multi billion a year arms manufacture with top secret government contracts, with the amount of stuff going on at S6.

Were a £10 Million quid a year business more or less, with less than fifty full time employees.

How hard should this be ? We sell pies, football, shirts, food & beer.

Why on EARTH is anything to do with football so complicated ?

I honestly just don't get all this secrecy and paranoia stuff.

#824 Plonk

Plonk

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Funny though that two days ago he said he wouldnt be posting anymore because it "wasnt the proffesional way to do a takeover" I believe were the words he used, but he is still here, and in the last 24 hours has claimed "he will stop aside for the corbidge bid" and that his plans have "already gone through the scrutiny set up by LS"

Something really really doesnt add up.

#825 GoldGigsChris

GoldGigsChris

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

It's never dull when the Bills's are posting, but I certainly wouldn't want them as major shareholders in our club - they're just in it for a quick buck.

I can't believe how many posters back them after all the agenda waving fuddery the've been posting for the last 3 or 4 years. :blink:

Daz and W'ite need to pick their bed fellows carefully.

#826 M Royds

M Royds

Mrs Slocombe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,211 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

Everyone's got their right to an opinion haven't they?

It's what you've been spouting for months on here.

Yes they have put if bills posts are ruining Grandads quality of life then he should consider putting the bills on ignore.

Regard right to an opinion, WTF are you on about?

#827 Grandad

Grandad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Funny though that two days ago he said he wouldnt be posting anymore because it "wasnt the proffesional way to do a takeover" I believe were the words he used, but he is still here, and in the last 24 hours has claimed "he will stop aside for the corbidge bid" and that his plans have "already gone through the scrutiny set up by LS"

EXACTLY!!

#828 Eccy Owl

Eccy Owl

First Team Player

• 2,792 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Christ, I wish we were just a normal club once in a while

#829 Grandad

Grandad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,701 posts

Yes they have put if bills posts are ruining Grandads quality of life

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't go that far - but its been blatantly obvious that Bills has an agenda the size of a small planet for a long time now

#830 Lee Strafford

Lee Strafford

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

meeeeooow :biggrin:

I am not interested in jobs dude and have never in my whole life applied for one or interviewed for one.

I am only interested in equity based projects, now that I have recovered circa 100 hrs a week of productive time I will be pursuing said projects.

Regards

Lee

#831 Just_Donny

Just_Donny

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Once the full commitments are made (and the club's advisors and lawyers agree to this strategy) we'll discuss maturely with ALL the interested parties (and now there are other very credible groups, not just the ones disclosed on this Board)) and see what is best for the CLUB - whether that be some consortium or just plowing ahead with individual groups.

I am at the airport now, killing time before my flight, and wasn't going to post but some of the stuff this morning - the former CEO of Umbro and a partner at a reputable Private Equity firm somehow involved with "crooks and charlatans" - please, give it a rest Lee! - is just beyond silly. As people are apparently allowed to post to defend their reputations, I just wanted to clarify that when I am accused of "lying" I will respond accordingly, and this constant attempt to smear anyone not called Club9 (who are not exactly strangers to a courtroom themselves) as "crooks" is just pathetic, frankly.

Fact is that a major block to investment is now removed, so here's hoping it can happen.

You said on OO Lee turned you down on 3rd Dec 09 on this thread you say it was 14th May 09. You did this so you could tell us LS was only to het this sweetner from C9S which is why you claim he refused your help = LIE.

Do I realy have to explain it again?

Posted Image

Please, when even Lee confirms the conversation (which took place, as repeatedly stated, in May) you look increasingly silly accusing me of lying defending someone who has, themselves, disclosed it was the truth.

Lee is a big boy, he can defend himself (as he has shown), and he was honest enough to relate the call pretty much as happened with regards to what was said - he said "bonus and sweat equity" but the ethos was the same, and as I have said many times, my response to him was "more than fair".

May 14th at 5.07 GMT was when that call took place. Again, best when discussing a call between two parties, to let the two parties speak for themselves, and you'll find that Lee and I both say the same thing there about both the timing and content of the call.

So, in short, not "another" lie - if you can perhaps find one lie I have told, that would be great.

Edited by Donny, 19 May 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#832 markowl

markowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Yes they have put if bills posts are ruining Grandads quality of life then he should consider putting the bills on ignore.

Regard right to an opinion, WTF are you on about?

You're seriously odd.

#833 Grandad

Grandad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

I am not interested in jobs dude and have never in my whole life applied for one or interviewed for one.

I am only interested in equity based projects, now that I have recovered circa 100 hrs a week of productive time I will be pursuing said projects.

Regards

Lee

*cough*

Don't fancy getting involved in an emerging mobile telecoms consultancy business based in Worksop do you? lol

#834 billsaja

billsaja

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

I was accused of a lie regarding a conversation between Lee and myself, that Lee and I have both related in the exact same manner, on the exact same day. What I posted will have no bearing on the investment process, I am just bored of people making false accusations.

As for self-publicity, if I wanted that I would be on Radio Sheffield or having a spread in the Star, not posting to 20 or so Wednesday fans on OT. If P Diddy at Crystal Palace merits a full page in the Mirror, the person I'm seeing today would get me more than a passing mention in the press were that my goal.

Seems it is permissible for some parties to post inappropriate things to "defend their reputations" but if I post in response to something, that is out of order.

Odd.

Anyway, boarding call, I am outski.

#835 Gerinako

Gerinako

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,303 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

#836 Dark$ide

Dark$ide

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

I was accused of a lie regarding a conversation between Lee and myself, that Lee and I have both related in the exact same manner, on the exact same day. What I posted will have no bearing on the investment process, I am just bored of people making false accusations.

As for self-publicity, if I wanted that I would be on Radio Sheffield or having a spread in the Star, not posting to 20 or so Wednesday fans on OT. If P Diddy at Crystal Palace merits a full page in the Mirror, the person I'm seeing today would get me more than a passing mention in the press were that my goal.

:biggrin:

PMSL.

#837 markowl

markowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

*cough*

Don't fancy getting involved in an emerging mobile telecoms consultancy business based in Worksop do you? lol

From
Posted Image

To

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

#838 M Royds

M Royds

Mrs Slocombe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,211 posts

Regards

Lee

:laugh: You couldn't resist a sneaky peek, eh , ;-)

#839 Gerinako

Gerinako

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,303 posts

Sorry guys if you're in lo-fi

Just realised it doesn't resize the image...er...lol

#840 ReadingOwl

ReadingOwl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,339 posts

It never will do though, will it.

It's all smears, rumour and innuendo. Fake people with secret Agendas.

One thing I have always thought is that there are various factions on here with different Agenda's.

Ulimate gain? Pick up the Club for peanuts in a deal that would not have been condoned by LS.

Seems far fetched, but most of it's coming true. Or is all this just a coincidence.

This money has always been available but not utilised until now? Don't believe a word of it.

It's just like squabbling at a funeral IMO.

#841 steelowl

steelowl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,042 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

ye ta need it some of this crap sticks in the throat

for cough read I've been saying that for ages

I want to see:

The Bilsaja name retired and replaced with 2/3/4 independent names- if they must carry on posting this pretentious I 've just talked to this and that millionaire crap

IF Bills Mark or God himself can help this club just get on with it stop posting name dropping half truths and bleary records of conversations point scoring on here is irrelevant it's points on the league table that are more important now.

I sincerely hope that any contacts that are passed on come to something if not WTID will carry on gathering support for what in the end I believe is the real salvation for this club

#842 Just_Donny

Just_Donny

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

Seems it is permissible for some parties to post inappropriate things to "defend their reputations" but if I post in response to something, that is out of order.

Odd.

You lied its there for all to see. END OF.

#843 Lee Strafford

Lee Strafford

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Odd.

You think you saying that I would be getting sweat equity cause I told you so and that was the real driver behind how I was managing the investment process, is consistent with the account I just gave??? - you really are insane dude.

Regards

Lee

#844 RUMBELOWS91

RUMBELOWS91

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

Odd.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#845 M Royds

M Royds

Mrs Slocombe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,211 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

You're seriously odd.

They'res are this poo poo happening, Ex-chairman on forum, commercial espionage, allegation and counter allegation, etc, etc, etc, And you chase me round the forum's, like a tart with the bill, and you call me odd? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#846 Eccy Owl

Eccy Owl

First Team Player

• 2,792 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

as much as I have enjoyed this thread, I think it's probably getting a little out of hand and quite boring now

#847 dan27

dan27

Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,531 posts

Imagine going on a night out with cardiffowl...............

"Barman I want two pints of lager please " - Cardiffowl

"certainly sir"- Barman

"Hurry up, I want them now...........sod this i'm off"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Cardiffowl

#848 trevdi9

trevdi9

Artist in residence

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,429 posts

Regards

Lee

all the best dude, in whatever you choose
their gain .our loss

#849 ReadingOwl

ReadingOwl

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,339 posts

commercial espionage, allegation and counter allegation, etc, etc, etc,

Firth Park Grammar was always good for spies (seriously by the way).

#850 theowlsman

theowlsman

Bored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,597 posts

give a man enough rope.......