A way forward / WTID.co.uk

Guest Walkley_Owl

Guest Walkley_Owl

Please read, this is just in it's infancy and MANY MANY issues will have to be looked at, resolved, changed, reviewed, removed whatever but I think this can work, whether it will is ENTIRELY upto us as fans

Proposed Supporter Trust.pdf

Please read, this is just in it's infancy and MANY MANY issues will have to be looked at, resolved, changed, reviewed, removed whatever but I think this can work, whether it will is ENTIRELY upto us as fans

In principle I think this is a good document.

Like you say, it is in it's infancy - but it's a great starting point IMO.

What are the plans for this in terms of taking it forward?

Guest Walkley_Owl

Firsty seeing if it's viable would be a start, gauging interest it is very much in it's infancy and i am hoping for lots of advice, ideas etc to move this forward

Its a good proposal Walkley, but you might want to reintroduce it in a while, the fans are busy at the moment trying to trying to score points of each other.

Sorry Walkley, not trying to be facetious, but this type of thing needs a united (ugh sorry) fan base, something we are not.

Edited by cactus

Guest tomarkley

I've read it and there's a few bits that I don't particularly agree with, but I do agree with the principle wholeheartedly.

Why would we want to never ever let a 3rd party own the club.

What if I win the Euromillions in a years time and want to put £50m into the club, your process is stopping this?

etc..

Guest Walkley_Owl

I've read it and there's a few bits that I don't particularly agree with, but I do agree with the principle wholeheartedly.

Why would we want to never ever let a 3rd party own the club.

What if I win the Euromillions in a years time and want to put £50m into the club, your process is stopping this?

etc..

If the 3rd party is a Wednesdayite or someone with a genuine plan who's to say we couldn't sell to them, no profits etc it's the good of the club that counts, keeping Cloud9 type folks out of S6

Guest tomarkley

If the 3rd party is a Wednesdayite or someone with a genuine plan who's to say we couldn't sell to them, no profits etc it's the good of the club that counts, keeping Cloud9 type folks out of S6

The trusts' constitution.

Its a good proposal Walkley, but you might want to reintroduce it in a while, the fans are busy at the moment trying to trying to score points of each other.

Well, a small fraction of Owlstalk are trying to score points from each other. The remaining 20,000 fans probably couldn't give a throw ph34r.gif

Guest Walkley_Owl

The trusts' constitution.

As I said it's in it's infancy and is just a very basic idea, many things to be discussed, reviewed, changed etc before it would be "set in stone" and you could always loan us the £50m

Sorry Walkley, not trying to be facetious, but this type of thing needs a united (ugh sorry) fan base, something we are not.

Isn't the whole point to unite the fanbase at a time when it's most required? ie. now.

Re the document - As Rob Howe says, it's an excellent starting point. When these ideas have been kicked around before, I've always struggled to see how financially it could stack up. I think the banding idea looks more than achievable.

Leave out the "we all hate SUFC" bit though - they don't even deserve the acknowlegement biggrin.gif

Guest tomarkley

As I said it's in it's infancy and is just a very basic idea, many things to be discussed, reviewed, changed etc before it would be "set in stone" and you could always loan us the £50m

Don't get me wrong, thats fair enough, I am 100% behind the principle of fan ownership.

However, the membership structure worries me.

If one person can afford more shares than someone else then thats great, they have more voting power/influence, but I don't like the idea of them being in a "better" band with better respresentation.

Everyone should be equal and in one band, IMO.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Don't get me wrong, thats fair enough, I am 100% behind the principle of fan ownership.

If one person can afford more shares than someone else then thats great, they have more voting power/influence, but I don't like the idea of them being in a "better" band with better respresentation.

Possibly so, I didn't draft the document, but the idea is to raise £5m or so to "buy in" and without making in unaffordable for the majority I cannot see a better way of structuring it as i said this needs a hell of a lot of work but if we can use it as a base to start from then we could in essence have a starting point to "getting our club back" from the old farts

I don't agree mate on the club's survival surely even the pro snipers are together ? If not they might as well slink off to the sty now

There are a few similar schemes around we need to get together and agree a single banner to rally around.

To be fair we need to dangle the carrot of control if we are to really get the figures many of us would like.

It would be easy to make the club a 100% democracy but democracy isn't cheap! :blush:

Guest tomarkley

Possibly so, I didn't draft the document, but the idea is to raise £5m or so to "buy in" and without making in unaffordable for the majority I cannot see a better way of structuring it as i said this needs a hell of a lot of work but if we can use it as a base to start from then we could in essence have a starting point to "getting our club back" from the old farts

Again, thats fine.

I'm just offering constructive feedback and as you put the document up, you seem to be the soundboard :)

I think 500,000 shares at £10 would be better idea, if someone wants £50,000 worth of shares then thats fine, but they shouldn't be treated any better than the fan sat next to him on the Kop who can only afford £100 worth of shares.

Guest Walkley_Owl

I don't agree mate on the club's survival surely even the pro snipers are together ? If not they might as well slink off to the sty now

There are a few similar schemes around we need to get together and agree a single banner to rally around.

^^^ this

You know already you have as much help whatever you need from my side pal.