ATM Machines

Guest jimmyowl77

Guest jimmyowl77

Although I never use the atm's that charge £1.50 for using them, maybe the club could look at getting a few installed if the money charged goes straight to the club.

Maybe one in the shop and one in each stand especially if the club are looking to get the fans in early and stopping after the game, spending more money in the ground and getting a profit from the machines in the ground.

I probabley wouldn't be as opposed to using them if SWFC got the cash

Edited by jimmyowl77

The money goes to the company that provides them, not to the establishment they are in.

So unless they purchased their own (very expensive), it's a non starter.

as bebby says, im pretty sure its the company that provides them.

Would a tiny fee go to the club?

Guest jimmyowl77

as bebby says, im pretty sure its the company that provides them.

Would a tiny fee go to the club?

I would have thought the place its been installed in should get some income from this as why would most places have them? apart from encouraging people to spend in said establishment

I know that ATM machines is something that the club have been looking onto for a while and am aware we nearly got one in the club shop (indeed if you walk in and look to the wall on the right, there is a space reserved for one, with a sign saying 'ATM coming soon' or similar).

Unfortunately, the recent banking crisis and economic climate has made ATM's very expensive to run and banks just aren't installing them any more (they are expensive to buy/install, maintain/keep filled and to run - each ATM needs a dedicated phone line, for instance) - indeed the bank who were in talks to install one have pulled out for that reason, I understand. Couple that with the sporadic and irregular footflow in the ground (i.e. it only ever really gets busy enough on matchdays) and it means it's not in the banks' interest at the moment to install one.

I know the club have spoken to a number of providers and banks, by the way, and they have all declined the opportunity at this time. I am sure the club will keep trying to find someone to provide an ATM service.

Unfortunately, the recent banking crisis and economic climate has made ATM's very expensive to run and banks just aren't installing them any more (they are expensive to buy/install, maintain/keep filled and to run - each ATM needs a dedicated phone line, for instance) - indeed the bank who were in talks to install one have pulled out for that reason, I understand. Couple that with the sporadic and irregular footflow in the ground (i.e. it only ever really gets busy enough on matchdays) and it means it's not in the banks' interest at the moment to install one.

On the other hand, they would only need 'stocking' approx every forthnight.

phone line each. Make them wireless :biggrin:

Guest Pickle66

youre f**kin kidding me arent you

the "joe schmo" on here would go f**kin MENTAL!

"£1.50 to take me own money out o'bank - bloody wednesday" etc etc etc

Don't know how it works commercially with the banks, but maybe some kind of deal struck with the Cooperative (think thats their bank isnt it) to install a machine on a trial basis -this would be a link machine and free, see if it gets used and go from there??

Don't know how it works commercially with the banks, but maybe some kind of deal struck with the Cooperative (think thats their bank isnt it) to install a machine on a trial basis -this would be a link machine and free, see if it gets used and go from there??

I know that ATM machines is something that the club have been looking onto for a while and am aware we nearly got one in the club shop (indeed if you walk in and look to the wall on the right, there is a space reserved for one, with a sign saying 'ATM coming soon' or similar).

I know the club have spoken to a number of providers and banks, by the way, and they have all declined the opportunity at this time. I am sure the club will keep trying to find someone to provide an ATM service.

Me and my mates always say there should be a couple around Hillsborough. Its a rate hassle getting cash first.

Also we wondered if it's possible to have chip and pin on some turnstiles or just outside? You can just enter your card like an atm, a little receipt is printed off with your row and seat number etc and then use this receipt at the new elctronic turnstiles we are setting up.

What you guys think?

Guest fanlin

I believe listening is powerful Medicine.

Studies have shown it takes a physician about 18 seconds to interrupt a patient after he begins talking.

It was Sunday. I had one last patient to see. I approached her room in a hurry and stood at the doorway. She was an older woman,

sitting at the edge of the bed, struggling to put socks on her swollen feet.World of warcraft Power Leveling I crossed the

threshold, spoke quickly to the nurse, scanned her chart noting she was in stable condition. I was almost in the clear.

I leaned on the bedrail looking down at her. She asked if I could help put on her socks. Instead, I launched into a monologue

that went something like this: "How are you feeling? Your sugars and blood pressure were high but they're better today. The nurse

mentioned you're anxious to see your son who's visiting you today. It's nice to have family visit from far away. I bet you really

look forward to seeing him."

She stopped me with a stern, authoritative voice. wow power leveling,"Sit down, doctor. This

is my story, not your story."

I was surprised and embarrassed. I sat down. I helped her with the socks. She began to tell me that her only son lived around the

corner from her, but she had not seen him in five years. She believed that the stress of this contributed greatly to her health

problems. After hearing her story and putting on her socks, I asked if there was anything else I could do for her. She shook her

head no and smiled. All she wanted me to do was to listen.

Each story is different. Some are detailed; others are vague. Some have a beginning, middle and end. Others wander without a

clear conclusion. Some are true; others not. Yet all those things do not really matter. What matters to the storyteller is that

the story is heard — without interruption, assumption or judgment.

Listening to someone's story costs less than expensive diagnostic testing but is key to healing and diagnosis.

wow power leveling,

I often thought of what that woman taught me, and I reminded myself of the importance of stopping, sitting down and truly

listening. And, not long after, in an unexpected twist, I became the patient, with a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis at age 31.

Now, 20 years later, I sit all the time — in a wheelchair.

For as long as I could, I continued to see patients from my chair, but I had to resign when my hands were affected. I still teach

med students and other health care professionals, but now from the perspective of physician and patient.

I tell them I believe in the power of listening. I tell them I know firsthand that immeasurable healing takes place within me

when someone stops, sits down and listens to my story.

The Internet, which was unfamiliar to human beings is totally accepted by most of people. Especially these days, it has been

developing faster and faster, people do not have much time to do everything by themselves. So making full use of the Internet is

a good way to color one’s life.

For instance, students could learn more and more from all over the world so that they can broaden their horizon and enrich their

knowledge. Absolutely, the bridge that connects the whole world is the Internet.

Secondly, scientists and mathematicians, too, can share research results in order to promote the wheel of human society much more

quickly.world of warcraft power leveling,

I suppose the key factor of importance of Internet is to find a good job . In the society which is full of competition, more

information means more opportunities. A job hunter can get on the Internet to browse for a favorable job.

Well, from what has been mentioned above, I believe with the high speed and efficiency, the Internet will become more and more

popular among people in the near future. wow power leveling

world of warcraft power leveling,

I helped her with the socksI believe listening is powerful Medicine.

Guest ukpetes31

didn't there use to be a cash machine on the outside of the North Stand where the ticket off is??

mind you I'm going back a few years

Just been thinking about this from another angle... People want an ATM at the ground because they want to spend money in and around the ground. ATM's are expensive to run and maintain. Also, the large amount of cash in an ATM (upwards of £200K per ATM in the bank I used to work in) is a security risk. So... would it not be better all round to just install chip and pin terminals on some/all turnstiles and bars in the ground? And isn't that what they are currently doing?

EDIT - Also, if this is something the club wanted to raise money from, they could just charge a fee for using ones card for transactions under a fiver.

Edited by i used to be sc_owl

chip and pin is fine in the club shop... What about a pre-rder ticket printing service like at the cinema or at the train station?

Finally, for buying drinks and such in the stands, just use cash. Everyone has a few quid on them. Its not such a big problem is it?

chip and pin is fine in the club shop... What about a pre-rder ticket printing service like at the cinema or at the train station?

Finally, for buying drinks and such in the stands, just use cash. Everyone has a few quid on them. Its not such a big problem is it?

I hardly ever have cash on me.

If they took cards, chip and pin in other parts of the ground and at food kiosks, it would mean i'd have to get my wallet out. Bad times.